International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

P1120731.JPG
P1120732.JPG
P1120733.JPG
P1120734.JPG

pullets from group#1/2/3/4and 5 all merged as one large group ,
all good .
chooks man

She is half sister to both cockerels and daughter of Duke, yes. :)

regardless if witch cockerel you will breed her too ,the progeny will be inbred to Duke,s so a lot of his traits will appear in them . good and bad . you need to hatch more than you need because you are going to have a lot culls . but they will be some gorgeous ones too .

in this situation{ Duke s Split hackle marking } will be better if we know the dam ,we could line breed the dam through her son and daughters inbreed to the dam will be better , but we don t know who is they dams .

it is good to try to breed the other way ,{who know what will work ,it is all theories any way} . the way you are doing it ,line breeding the sire .

chooks man

regardless if witch cockerel you will breed her too ,the progeny will be inbred to Duke,s so a lot of his traits will appear in them . good and bad . you need to hatch more than you need because you are going to have a lot culls . but they will be some gorgeous ones too .

in this situation{ Duke s Split hackle marking } will be better if we know the dam ,we could line breed the dam through her son and daughters inbreed to the dam will be better , but we don t know who is they dams .

it is good to try to breed the other way ,{who know what will work ,it is all theories any way} . the way you are doing it ,line breeding the sire .

chooks man

Hopefully I can do better with single mating next year if this covid-19 has passed and my son gets to go back to school. This year has been a complete flop but maybe I will get at least a couple of decent birds out of this year's progeny. :(

Blade White tail buff marans cockerel .son of Day Walker over Unicorn . he is all class .
View attachment 2176728
he will be bred back over his dam Unicorn first , line breeding.
second he will be bred to his half sisters from Shiva they are Blue coppers looking type . line breeding .
third he will be bred to they new wheaten line I m getting from WA { my old line Maggy s line}

chooks man

He has beautiful type and is such a striking bird. Very nice!

chooks man
I am trying hard to follow this. So this will be my problem also? Inbred?

Back
Top Bottom