International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

1596480223289.png

@Punkybrewster
this one is really gorgeous .

chooks man

Im beginning to feel better about these chicks. Thank you. I was really worried how they were looking.

I am told they are a mixture of Bev Davis, Wade Jeane, Greenfire Farm. The breeder combined and made their own line.

I can tell they are a mixture of many lines .they are not uniform like line #1 .good thing for you ,you want the genetic diversity to start your line .
you don t want to keep some one else line ,you have to blend you own line . breed out what is not good and breed true the good traits .regardless of witch line they come from .

short type are Bev S Marans .
chooks man

I can tell they are a mixture of many lines .they are not uniform like line #1 .good thing for you ,you want the genetic diversity to start your line .
you don t want to keep some one else line ,you have to blend you own line . breed out what is not good and breed true the good traits .regardless of witch line they come from .

short type are Bev S Marans .
chooks man

Yes. That is my plan.
Line #1 is Bevs marans. Nothing else.
Im excited to start. Now to wait for maturity. But im patient.....sometimes.

good luck to you .
you have a good foundation in there .keep record of they growth pattern and they feathering type .
chooks man

Oh i am. I think i need separate notebooks for each. Its getting very disorganized.

I need separate books. One for notes i keep from this thread, one for line #1 and one for line #2.

Day 19... I have several that have pipped internally from the larger eggs in my DIY cabinet incubator! The largest egg is still only at 7% weight loss and has the smallest air sac. I candled and drew the air sac so I can tell if it pips in the right spot. It's the one I have been most concerned about. When I candled, I didn't see movement in most of the eggs including that one. The good news is that after I put them back in the 'bator, she started rocking and rolling! I'm so happy to know she's still kickin' around in there! Keep those fingers crossed and prayers going! :fl 🙏 :wee

Day 19... I have several that have pipped internally from the larger eggs in my DIY cabinet incubator! The largest egg is still only at 7% weight loss and has the smallest air sac. I candled and drew the air sac so I can tell if it pips in the right spot. It's the one I have been most concerned about. When I candled, I didn't see movement in most of the eggs including that one. The good news is that after I put them back in the 'bator, she started rocking and rolling! I'm so happy to know she's still kickin' around in there! Keep those fingers crossed and prayers going! :fl 🙏 :wee
Praying you get a good hatch! Can't wait to see them!

Hows it going with the hatch?

Back
Top Bottom