International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Thank you, It is very hard to cull a bird that is better than every bird I had in my old lines. What makes it even more difficult is I might set my line back if I get rid of the wrong ones.

This will be my upcoming fear.
And that is why we are all here.
For the encouragement and wise advice.

I know i would not be able to choose or breed properly without you fine folks.

I have just found out that my cuckoo legbars are not legbars at all:he

they are some sort of easter egger hybrids. the guy who imported them from italy invested a lot of money in vain. he imported 1000 chicks and we now have fake legbars in greece. the italian cheater sold them as cream and cuckoo legbars.

1 of mine started to lay and luckily she lays nice dark green eggs. she is a keeper for my laying flock. these birds are real dual purpose chickens. they are big and chunky and these first eggs must be around 56-57 grams. I need to buy a battery for my scale but we are in lockdown so I cannot do it now.

shame on him .
chooks man

and everyone else who bought chicks from him.

he had a big order from the same company (for different breeds). he cancelled it and said no more trading with italy. I hope they will learn the lesson.

you don t buy chooks from Italy . fancy shoes and sport car yeh but not chooks for sure .
chooks man

It is difficult for me to know what to do. I always worry that I am going to regret culling and end up needing them. It really narrowed down the diversity in my flock. That really worries me!

you are just a worried person ,there is nothing to worry about .
small healthy and well bred genes pool better than large and badly selected genes pool .
need room and time for the next generation .

chooks man

This will be my upcoming fear.
And that is why we are all here.
For the encouragement and wise advice.

I know i would not be able to choose or breed properly without you fine folks.

don t fear any thing it is just chooks .
don t send your fear to the cosmos ,send positive energy and good thinking maybe you will get answers .fear will not get you nothing .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom