International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I just went out to double check his tail. It must have been the wind and his movement. His tail is straight.

Yes, all 3 line #1 cockerels had vulture hocks. Negan's are not as bad but he does have them.

Breed him to some line #2 pullets and see what happens? Or no?

we no breeding no body for the moment ,we just letting them mature to see what type of roosters they will turn into . than we make the final selection .
chooks man

Chooksman, you were spot on about my loose feathered pullet. Her new feathers are laying flat. She is small compared to my other pullets and has no copper hackle markings. Here are a couple of pics of her:

very good my friend .we know the chicken will change many time before they reach adult hood .
she look good .
chooks man

Ive always liked this one. He is quiet and observant. Always standing back watching everything. He has never come up to me even as a chick.

I have found that my young cockerels with this stand back behavior grow to become good roosters in my experience. Respectful. Not aggressive. I hope its the same for him.

Its the ones that are overly friendly that i worry about.

he does have all the quality I look for in a cockerel .
good stand mean a confident cockerel .those type of cockerels do not cause harm because they calm and good observant .

chooks man

Couple of pics of my most colorful cockerel. At 3.5 months old I like his type, long back and short well angled tail. He has a lot of breast leakage but that doesn’t bother me because I have a few pullets with minimal to no copper hackles.

all class my friend .love every thing about him . his body type .his body pattern .his copper ,his head .and his elegant stand . love the chest marking too . will ease up when he mature .
well happy for you my friend you have some thing good to work with .

chooks man

all class my friend .love every thing about him . his body type .his body pattern .his copper ,his head .and his elegant stand . love the chest marking too . will ease up when he mature .
well happy for you my friend you have some thing good to work with .

chooks man

He is a very nice looking cockerel. Love his tail too.

Thanks Y’all! I’m pleased with him at this stage of his development. He is a well mannered cockerel so I hope he keeps that calm, confident vibe.

Ive always liked this one. He is quiet and observant. Always standing back watching everything. He has never come up to me even as a chick.

I have found that my young cockerels with this stand back behavior grow to become good roosters in my experience. Respectful. Not aggressive. I hope its the same for him.

Its the ones that are overly friendly that i worry about.

I have had the same experience with marans roos.

Back
Top Bottom