International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

MY FIRST PULLET EGGView attachment 2454917:):):):):) MY FIRST PULLET EGG 55 grams Chic was born April 2020 LOVE that color TOM

When evaluating Marans eggs I look at color, shape, texture and sheen. This pullets color is very nice but more impressive IMO is the shape, more round than oval, classic Marans egg shape. Texture appears smooth and even - another great quality. How’s the sheen? It doesn’t come through in the pic so I can’t tell. Overall, extremely nice egg! Well done Tom!

When evaluating Marans eggs I look at color, shape, texture and sheen. This pullets color is very nice but more impressive IMO is the shape, more round than oval, classic Marans egg shape. Texture appears smooth and even - another great quality. How’s the sheen? It doesn’t come through in the pic so I can’t tell. Overall, extremely nice egg! Well done Tom!
I agree with all the above, this is my first egg out of 23 pullets hatched in 2020. This is my 3rd generation of BCM chickens. I am very pleased with egg size, shape and color.TOM

Clover is growing up and reminds me so much of her momma Daisy just with a better tail set. She is not a lap chicken like Daisy but will eat out of my hand and tolerate her back stroked for a minute or two.
View attachment 2454856
View attachment 2454858
View attachment 2454860

she is stunning looking pullet .lovely body type ,gorgeous head ,and priceless tail . her legs are missing the feathers but that ok ,easy fix ,the most important traits are there { body type ,copper hackle and good tail }

chooks man

Thank you Chooks man, I'm very happy with her. I went back and checked dates on when she hatched and she is 19 weeks old now. I've got to get out and take some more pictures but i have 4 chicks from Holly x Drumstick who are 15 weeks old, 1 cockeral and 3 pullets, and 2 more full siblings to Clover who are roughly 12 weeks old and both pullets. From what i can see so far Daisy x Drumstick produces correct tails but of the 3 full siblings 2 are clean legged. The one with feathered legs is very nicely feathered though. The Holly x Drumstick cross has better tailset then their parents but not quite as good as clovers, what they do have better is on the pullets better hackle markings. All 3 girls already have more copper on their hackles then Holly does at 15 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom