International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Love the type of the hen in the right back corner

1610633937902.png

Genetics, but sometimes very dark and shiny feet can hint to genetics from another breed, i.e. black Australorps, that might have been introduced to reduce the possible negative consequences of too much inbreeding.

cockerels without shoulder coloration { black shoulders} will throw dark feets cockerels .extra Melanin . bad selection in the past .
BCM are not genetically correct .because they SOP is a modified Birchen {ER/ER true mane } .genetically speaking true Birchen variety should have colored hackle ,saddle ,lanced , chest laced all the way down to the thigh . shoulder coloration ,rest of the body is dark black and dark shanks .
Marans BCM / BIR sop call for some thing made up .that how they like them to look , not because they are genetically correct .
it is a reason we have to balance our breeding pair all the time ,other wise in few generation all the birchen varieties silver or copper will go over colored { original birchen } or mostly black { extra melanin affect }

all the chooks breed SOP is made by man , not by nature like genetic . we are doing all the selection and talking .

chooks man

cockerels without shoulder coloration { black shoulders} will throw dark feets cockerels .extra Melanin . bad selection in the past .
BCM are not genetically correct .because they SOP is a modified Birchen {ER/ER true mane } .genetically speaking true Birchen variety should have colored hackle ,saddle ,lanced , chest laced all the way down to the thigh . shoulder coloration ,rest of the body is dark black and dark shanks .
Marans BCM / BIR sop call for some thing made up .that how they like them to look , not because they are genetically correct .
it is a reason we have to balance our breeding pair all the time ,other wise in few generation all the birchen varieties silver or copper will go over colored { original birchen } or mostly black { extra melanin affect }

all the chooks breed SOP is made by man , not by nature like genetic . we are doing all the selection and talking .

chooks man

Very good and clear explanation.

yes my friend ,especially if they are darker .
chooks man

I got this one today from line #1 pullet Maggie. They are not always this dark. She is the one that i said lays a lighter speckled egg.

She is inconsistant in her egg color and there is always lighter gradient toward the egg point.

Should i expect better?
She is only just starting to lay for about a month now so i would assume this is the best that her eggs will get.

20210114_144131.jpg

I got this one today from line #1 pullet Maggie. They are not always this dark. She is the one that i said lays a lighter speckled egg.

She is inconsistant in her egg color and there is always lighter gradient toward the egg point.

Should i expect better?
She is only just starting to lay for about a month now so i would assume this is the best that her eggs will get.

View attachment 2489314

this pullet is a keeper for sure .there is room for improvement .
really to select any marans breeder pullet ,we should let them lay for they first year to see the true type of her eggs .

chooks man

P1130755.JPG

Mambadale looking great .
he will be tested this winter breeding with =
Dark Angel BLC dark blue hen without any copper and . my best dark eggs layer . she has a very long back and stunning tail . that will help to produce some solid Blue and black with these treats .
Winx BLC dark blue hen without any copper ,heavy .long ,wide ,very long back like her sister DA , larger egg but not as darker .
Blueshiva BLC light blue hen with minimum copper , big and heavy ,correct body type and stunning tail .lovely head and comb . eggs color 5/4 .
plus 2 recessive white hens , both big ,heavy ,long back and stunning small tail , wheaten based hens . not dark eggs layer .
trying to produce solid black with a long flat back and short full tails . all the 5 hens I selected for him they have the best back and tails .all correct and heavy .
let see .

chooks man

Day Walker looking great .over 2 years old in his prime . wish his hackle was a little darker . any way he produced darker hackle progeny ,that what mater to me . what he produce not how he look ,
proven as dominant sire for these traits = body type , head and comb . tail size and shape , chest depth . legs strength and width between them .
10 of daughter out of 30 lay dark eggs for good period .
he is penned with his daughters and few extra wheaten hens .
P1130769.JPG
P1130773.JPG

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom