International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

where about are you in QLD ?
I can help you out when the borders are open for good . have the best BBS lines in a country . very dark eggs layer plus correct birds too .
have a look at my thread in OZ BYC , Jose 'marans . I haven t been there for a while now .
chooks man
I'm south of Brisbane. I found the thread, so much better than those that I have been looking into so definitely keen to work something out.

I'm south of Brisbane. I found the thread, so much better than those that I have been looking into so definitely keen to work something out.
that is great .not far from the border .
I ll be sending some chooks up north , to Cabaritta Beach near tweed Head in a 4 to 6 weeks time . I have a lot gorgeous Splash and blue Spear cockerels and pullets ,I can send you a trio BBS to breed from . you can pick them up from Tweed Head . or send you some fertile eggs to hatch your self .
I ll be going to farm next weekend { haven t been there for 5 months now just photos and phone call to Troy s } I will take photos
nice to have you around .
chooks man

your Silver Black line look impressive , high class ,show quality .
Bravo my dear friend .all your hard work is paying off , no many peoples have silver black line like your . you are well up there with a best .you have done great job
chooks man

I missed you guys too . was a bad year .
how are you and how is the chooks ?
chooks man

Ahhhh
Ive missed you @Chooks man.
So glad to see you are well.

As expected, the cockerels i hatched from the new line with nice low tails have white in their tails and underfluff.

But they are big and correct in every other way. Beautiful.
I will get some updated pictures soon when i can. Im not sure how to move forward from here.

I am bringing parasitic white into my line but they have all the other qualities I need.

Ahhhh
Ive missed you @Chooks man.
So glad to see you are well.

As expected, the cockerels i hatched from the new line with nice low tails have white in their tails and underfluff.

But they are big and correct in every other way. Beautiful.
I will get some updated pictures soon when i can. Im not sure how to move forward from here.

I am bringing parasitic white into my line but they have all the other qualities I need.
you have brought a nice tails ,gorgeous copper .correct body type plus some work to do in the form of parasitic white ,I think it is a good deal .
now you have all the marans traits in your place spread over few birds ,what we need to do is to group all the good traits in few birds first ,than we move forward .
I will have a look at the cockerels you posted ,they look good to me but I haven t had a proper look yet .
there is always ways to work with what we have .
looking forward to see more photos of your chooks .
chooks man

Allllllllrighty then..... I remembered today to get pics of the eggs our littles have been pumping out. They are 22 weeks now and started laying at 19 wks. Here is Betty and hers. They have a dull (matte) sheen to them that's been consistent.
Date is above on cardboard, we don't have a scale yet, need one. View attachment 2842946View attachment 2842950

this one has a better comb and better body type ,but eggs colors is not that good .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom