International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

View attachment 3260552
White tail buff . Enmity a daughter. She is big for sure great body type and stunning comb. Happy about that . Chooks man
That White tail buff is stunning. Do you know if that variety is available in the states? I love my BCMs and my mom loves our Buff Orps. A few girls running around looking like that would make us both happy.

that is good he is different .dark underfluf is a good think . no much copper is a problem . for now let him mature and see if he is free from any parasitic white .
did you see my BC and BLc rooster . Blackgen and CTB both are 3 years old . both free from any parasitic white .,so genetically they don t have a white on them .
you have to age your cockerels over 2 years minimum to be sure they are free from it .
we want to dark pure black underfluf but we don t want extra melanin { extra melanin will eliminate the shoulder coloration , bad news}
chooks man

would an overcoloured hen helpwith copper? marans in greece have parasitic white - at least all of those I have seen. that was my nightmare.

would an overcoloured hen helpwith copper? marans in greece have parasitic white - at least all of those I have seen. that was my nightmare.
Yes over coloured hen or rooster will help to add copper to a dark strain . To eliminate the parasitic white we need to find at lease one chooks without it to breed from. Or we need to hatch 100and100 to select from. The way I did it. Chooks man

That White tail buff is stunning. Do you know if that variety is available in the states? I love my BCMs and my mom loves our Buff Orps. A few girls running around looking like that would make us both happy.
@RebeccaBoyd i m not sure if some one has them in the USA.never seen photos of them any where even in France .cheers. Chooks man

5B3918BA-D8A3-4F0E-832E-A1B0792A228D.jpeg

@RebeccaBoyd here another photo for you . You can see here sister far right.I have 3sisters. Last one has less fluff but bad comb. Chooks man
A0F81BC9-9865-47E3-88D8-D5FAAC8A36C2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom