International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

1664504513535.png

@Punkybrewster I like to keep this hen from line #2 if she is dark eggs layer .
chooks man

hi every one ,here the marans varieties I m going to keep and focus in refining them to they original French SOP .
Black copper .
Solid Black .
Solid Blue
Solid splash .
Birchen { Black silver }.
Silver cuckoo.
Golden cuckoo
Recessive white .
Dominant white .
I all ready have a correct body type in all this varieties ,what I need to do is perfect the other traits and make them all lay dark eggs .

all the other varieties are going to stay with Troy .he will be working with them .
chooks man

we don t need line #3 except if one of them lay very dark eggs , than keep it for back crossing .
will be nice if we can keep one hen from each line ( #2 and #3 } dark eggs layer to use them to reinforce the dark eggs genes ,before we loose it in forward crossing .
chooks man
https://www.backyardchickens.com/attachments/20220929_084734-jpg.3275082/

in case she has a nice tail I would use her for cockerels. my marco had similar comb, well lifted from the head.

Sorry for the delay.
He is the largest cockerel.
I also see a white tail feather coming in on him.
It is windy today and this lets me see some white underfluff on a couple of other cockerels too.

View attachment 3275992View attachment 3275993View attachment 3275994View attachment 3275995View attachment 3275996View attachment 3275998View attachment 3275999View attachment 3276000
I like him .I know you are saying he has some white but he has the best comb out of the 5 cockerels ,so he is a keep .plus he has leg leg feathering .maybe he is BellaLuna full brother ,she have the nicest comb out of the pullets group .
mark this guy as the comb breeder . he wil pair well with Judith#2 ,LoveSong and BellaLuna.
now you can get ready of high tail cockerel and the double point cockerel too .keep only this guy ,plus the yellow tag and the one like befor I commented onhim few weeks back .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom