International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

This guy is stunning . Has all the traits I ll be looking for . He need feathering at the bottom part of his feet’s .
He is not over coloured has the right amount of copper for his age . We don t want a cockerels with a pure black chest at th Ed young age if they are from the cockerels line . Pullets line cockerels we prefer them to have a black chest .
He is a keeper for a later selection
Chooks man
I was a little worried about the amount of copper coming in on his chest. Good to know it's okay :)

@Punkybrewster
cockerel #1
20230325_113328-jpg.3443556

cockerel #2
20230325_111228-jpg.3443600

both cockerls look to have black plumage ,where is the mossiness you speaking about ?
chooks man
If you look at the close up photos of their feathers, you can see where the mossiness is growing out and good copper is coming in.

I should have taken pictures a couple of weeks ago when it was most noticeable. My mistake.

I'm beginning to see I have a lot with square bodies. Something to work on. Beautiful!
we have to do some thing about the square body ,we don t want thatv .we need long rectangular body .
do you any hen or rooster with a correct long body type or all of your chooks have a square body ?
take some photos if you can of the chooks with a long body type if you have please .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom