International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

IMG_1543.JPG
IMG_1522.JPG

chooks man

yes you are correct his red shoulder ,back and chest are from Autossomal red genes .
Mh is autossomal gene because it is not sex linked gene .
No e+ Allele give the duckwing pattern to the bird not the red , red come from sex linked red or Autossomal red ,because we see a silver duckwing S/S rooster has not red on him at all but the silver duckwing hen has always her chest red ) Salmon ) part of the wild type original design ,never change never get affectted by the silver .
the Autossomal red is not fully understood . we don t know we can t remove the red chest from a silver duckwing hen
chooks man
Thanks a lot, that makes sense. Now I’m just wondering how if it’s autosomal does the red appear on the hen but not the roo. Guess it’s just the natural dimorphism, and like you say it isn’t understood well anyway.
Thanks

Thanks a lot, that makes sense. Now I’m just wondering how if it’s autosomal does the red appear on the hen but not the roo. Guess it’s just the natural dimorphism, and like you say it isn’t understood well anyway.
Thanks
The autosomal red usually doesn't appear on the hen. She definitely carries it though. You can figure out who from test mating. I have seen a few hens have slightly straw colored hackles, too, but test mating weeds out autosomal red from the females, at least when I'm trying to get autosomal white to replace it.

The autosomal red usually doesn't appear on the hen. She definitely carries it though. You can figure out who from test mating. I have seen a few hens have slightly straw colored hackles, too, but test mating weeds out autosomal red from the females, at least when I'm trying to get autosomal white to replace it.
Yes the autossomal red does not appear in the ER and E family genetic hens they are only carriers but e+ / Ewh and eb hens do exhibit the autossomal red . Like I said before e+ hen show red chest . Ewh hen all her body is wheaten coloured because of the autossomal red genes and every hen too.
Does appear some of the autossomal red genes express them selves well in the hens when they are associated with e+ / Ewh and eb alleles .
Chooks man

Thanks
Yes some time the autossomal red appear in the rooster but not the hen from family genetic ER and E other time does appear on the hens but not the rooster especially in the silver strain of family genetic e+ / Ewh and eb.
More work need to be done to fully understand the autossomal red genes. Most of the chooks study are done for the productivity . Feathers colouration guess does not pay bills .
Chooks man

choooks town building up date , I m working by my self this days ,my helper is having some rest .
worked tody on the 4 front coops installed the mesh and the tin sheets , here few photos
tomorrow I ll do the doors and the partition .than the runs . 2 or 3 more days and i ll get them done .
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1548.JPG
IMG_1549.JPG

now start looking like chooks coops .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom