International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

B0F5F6FB-1EB0-490A-A914-72248EDB58FA.png
AB360F68-C1E7-4545-9A9D-AFB98051228C.jpeg
Loki

I just got this post suggested on eBay. I sound strange but I’m almost certain that this is the post I bought half my Marans eggs from originally. If that is true, I think this is Loki’s brother/sire. Even the tail is almost identical, and the copper maybe (despite the lighting).

Just a random thing that made me smile.

Or you could give her half and incubate half yourself.
This...I really like that idea, thank you. I can test both the incubator and Raven to see how she does.

After hatch you might can slip her the incubated chicks to raise.
I've never done this, so this will be new. I'll read up on it more tho just to try and get the timing right. From what I have read...just slip them in after dark and monitor Raven for a bit to make sure she accepts them? It'll be pretty obvious immediately either way I'm assuming?

View attachment 3844450View attachment 3844452Loki

I just got this post suggested on eBay. I sound strange but I’m almost certain that this is the post I bought half my Marans eggs from originally. If that is true, I think this is Loki’s brother/sire. Even the tail is almost identical, and the copper maybe (despite the lighting).

Just a random thing that made me smile.
They do look alike...

This...I really like that idea, thank you. I can test both the incubator and Raven to see how she does.

I've never done this, so this will be new. I'll read up on it more tho just to try and get the timing right. From what I have read...just slip them in after dark and monitor Raven for a bit to make sure she accepts them? It'll be pretty obvious immediately either way I'm assuming?
I just did this a few weeks ago with Felicity (my first time doing this) but they were hatchery chicks. I waited until it was completely dark outside and just slipped them 2 at a time (there were 10) under her backside, let her adjust a bit and then 2 more. Went out nice and early and watched through the front of the coop, she was clucking away so I left her be. All has been well😊

Attachments

• 20240518_114245.jpg
    20240518_114245.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 3

you must check them early in the morning. when I went to check my bantam broody at 7 am she was trying to kill the previous night slipped chick. it was hatched by another broody who was sitting on more eggs. age difference was 3 days only.

I just did this a few weeks ago with Felicity (my first time doing this) but they were hatchery chicks. I waited until it was completely dark outside and just slipped them 2 at a time (there were 10) under her backside, let her adjust a bit and then 2 more. Went out nice and early and watched through the front of the coop, she was clucking away so I left her be. All has been well😊
That's awesome... I hope it goes that well for me.

Very cool pic. ♥️

Back
Top Bottom