Internet Trolls- Where the Fairytale Ends

Pics
maybe its not ya "salemanship" thats the problem,, maybe ya need a bigger BUTT to sit on all those big eggs
wink.png

if you find this true,, i would like commissions on future sales please
big_smile.png

I think that the motivation for the original post was first to warn people that internet communication is difficult and that we should practice some amount of caution in evaluating others so as not to be taken advantage of by those with questionable or outright dishonest purposes, and second, to show that the moderators put a great deal of effort into keeping things calm and clean here on this site in order to provide a good forum for the ever increasing community of back yard chicken and other poultry people. I enjoy this site because along with the wealth of information I know that there is a constant effort by management to keep it family safe and friendly.
It is very common in written communication, and particularly with internet communication for the sender to say one thing and the reciever to perceive something different. It is also common for people to make postings that range from outright dishonest to curiously inappropriate. Perhaps some of the original post was a sort of venting about those posts, but I am certain that the intent was not to point fingers, but to offer warning to those who are here for the best this site has to offer so as not to be taken advantage of.

Ya know whats funny about getting mad over something on the net its just one click away from going away!!!

instructions as follows move pointer top right corner and click on the X!!!

Yes folks its that easy!!!
thumbsup.gif

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy :

I think that the motivation for the original post was first to warn people that internet communication is difficult and that we should practice some amount of caution in evaluating others so as not to be taken advantage of by those with questionable or outright dishonest purposes, and second, to show that the moderators put a great deal of effort into keeping things calm and clean here on this site in order to provide a good forum for the ever increasing community of back yard chicken and other poultry people. I enjoy this site because along with the wealth of information I know that there is a constant effort by management to keep it family safe and friendly.
It is very common in written communication, and particularly with internet communication for the sender to say one thing and the reciever to perceive something different. It is also common for people to make postings that range from outright dishonest to curiously inappropriate. Perhaps some of the original post was a sort of venting about those posts, but I am certain that the intent was not to point fingers, but to offer warning to those who are here for the best this site has to offer so as not to be taken advantage of.

Right.
I don't do so well with the word thing sometimes either.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Flaming: The Relationship Between Social Context Cues and Uninhibited Verbal Behavior in Computer-mediated Communication
Mauri Collins
Fall, 1992
Hypothesis: In the absence of social context cues, the level of uninhibited verbal behavior in computer-mediated communication rises.

One phenomenon occurring in computer-mediated communication is the appearance of uninhibited verbal behavior. It appears that the level of uninhibited verbal behavior indulged in by those communicating via computer-mediated communication is a function of the absence of social context cues. I will first briefly examine social context cues as they effect communication content. These includes both verbal, non-verbal and situational cues. Then I will review the literature on uninhibited verbal behavior (often called 'flaming') in computer-mediated communication, to determine if there is support for the hypothesis that it is the lack of contextual cues that allows the phenomenon to occur, and if so, how researchers have explained the connection between the absence of social context cues and the occurrence of uninhibited verbal behavior.

Back
Top Bottom