Intro and a Confession

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Thank you all so much for the friendly welcome. This is such a helpful site. The chicks I'll be getting are some combo of the following: barred rock, Orpington (buff and lavender), australorp, speckled Sussex, bc marans, Silver laced Wyandotte. The farm also has cream legbars. Not sure if I want to start w a pair of 4 breeds or s single. We shall see :)

Thanks again!!

Thank you all so much for the friendly welcome. This is such a helpful site. The chicks I'll be getting are some combo of the following: barred rock, Orpington (buff and lavender), australorp, speckled Sussex, bc marans, Silver laced Wyandotte. The farm also has cream legbars. Not sure if I want to start w a pair of 4 breeds or s single. We shall see
smile.png

Thanks again!!

You're welcome. I've had all of the breeds on your list at one time or another over the years (except for Cream Legbars), and you've got a great mix of breeds coming. Australorps are my favorite standard breed; extremely hardy, calm and gentle, and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breeds. Your getting several really friendly and gentle breeds; my children made lap pets of our Australorps, Orpingtons, and Sussex. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom