Intro

Nice to meet you :frow
Welcome to Backyard Chickens :welcome
75674791-5DFB-40E7-99B8-9ACDC078F89B.jpeg

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

We have a contest going on right now just for new folks like you. In order to enter you'll need to copy the link from your first post in this thread and post it in the contest thread.

To copy your link address, right click on the link to your thread and click copy or copy link
2019-02-09_16-09-54-jpg.1671012
then click on the following URL
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...t-new-byc-members-win-a-byc-calendar.1287752/
Go down to where it says "write your reply..." tell us this is your entry and then click on the link button
2019-02-09_16-13-22-jpg.1671016

Paste your URL into the box and click "insert", then click "Post Reply".
2019-02-09_16-14-09-jpg.1671019

That's all there is to it. Once you've finished this, you're eligible to win a nice BYC Calendar.

Hello everyone, I am new to this page but have had chickens for three years. I currently have a mix of 6 hens and 2 Roos. I also have 14 chicks under the heat lamp. I’m pretty excited to have a bigger flock.
Okay I didn’t answer all of the questions and I’d like to win that awesome calendar so here goes try #2... hopefully this doesn’t break the rules :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I met my husband over three years ago and he already had them. So, that’s when my chicken adventure began.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 6 hens, 2 roos and 12 chicks.
(3) What breeds do you have?
RIRs, Easter eggers, barred rocks, barnevelders, silver laces wyndottes, golden laced Wyndottes, buff Orpingtons, and a white one with gray on its feathers.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They suck you in! I originally just thought of them as egg providers. Now I am starting to think I’m crazy with how much I enjoy them, laugh at them and care about them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have horses and love trail rides, I dirt bike with my husband but I’m not real quick like he is and we love skiing.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I massage horses, have three dogs, three sheep, two kitties, two horses and a bunch of chickens in 5 acres. AND I LOVE IT!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I originally found BYC on FB and found about this group by asking HELP ME! questions on there.

Back
Top Bottom