Introduce your flock!

Jun 9, 2021
Colorado
Hi everyone,
I love seeing the other kinds of chickens people have, (or any other sort of poultry) and there breed and name. So I thought to make this thread so we can intreduce our flock! Share the chickens age, name and breed and there personality! Ill go first!

7D26ECF3-DDA2-4B8F-A1E2-8C0045CADA6C.jpeg
This here is Penelope, she is a 4 almost 5 week old golden comet. She is very curious and pretty friendly and seems very bonded to me!

6E7119BE-06BF-4809-A9B4-8D3BB983713D.jpeg
This is tilly she is a 4 week old Easter eager chick, she is very curious and always checks humans out. she is somewhat friendly but is very selective on who to trust.

523D9092-7F89-4692-B28A-C1F2A09F1681.jpeg
This is Dottie, she is a barred rock (all of my chicks are the same age) and she is pretty photogenic, she is the mean girl of the flock but is still friendly to her chick freinds and human friends.

EE92AB3E-5F29-4BE4-B2EF-BDD6EAA03D78.jpeg
And last but certainly not least! This is clementine she is a golden comet. She is very innocent, friendly, and curious and always jumps on your head to sit there.

I hope to see what your flock looks like!

Hi everyone,
I love seeing the other kinds of chickens people have, (or any other sort of poultry) and there breed and name. So I thought to make this thread so we can intreduce our flock! Share the chickens age, name and breed and there personality! Ill go first!

View attachment 2725469
This here is Penelope, she is a 4 almost 5 week old golden comet. She is very curious and pretty friendly and seems very bonded to me!

View attachment 2725471
This is tilly she is a 4 week old Easter eager chick, she is very curious and always checks humans out. she is somewhat friendly but is very selective on who to trust.

View attachment 2725481
This is Dottie, she is a barred rock (all of my chicks are the same age) and she is pretty photogenic, she is the mean girl of the flock but is still friendly to her chick freinds and human friends.

View attachment 2725498
And last but certainly not least! This is clementine she is a golden comet. She is very innocent, friendly, and curious and always jumps on your head to sit there.

I hope to see what your flock looks like!
They are gorgeous :love

Love your post! Your girls are sweet. Can't wait to see them grown.
These are our girls...
20210621_012656.jpg

The new additions... 2 Black Copper Marans & 2 Prairie Bluebells from Hoover Hatchery.
20210407_231722.jpg

And our first... They are a year old now.
Pearl White Leghorn, Americauna, Blue Australorp, & Buff-Laced Polish from Murray McMurray Hatchery.

They are our "not pets" 😉 and we love them dearly!

Love your post! Your girls are sweet. Can't wait to see them grown.
These are our girls...
View attachment 2727855
The new additions... 2 Black Copper Marans & 2 Prairie Bluebells from Hoover Hatchery.
View attachment 2727856
And our first... They are a year old now.
Pearl White Leghorn, Americauna, Blue Australorp, & Buff-Laced Polish from Murray McMurray Hatchery.

They are our "not pets" 😉 and we love them dearly!
They are beautiful!

I have way to many to name them all lol (89 give or take) but here is dinky the mama and the black one furthest from her is iris the other black one is blueberry the all yellow one is bumblebee and the yellow one with the stripes is June I call her June bug. they are in a small coop I built untill they are a little older so no Predators eat them.edited for a name change
IMG_20210701_154309289.jpg

Here are some of mine. They're mutts derived from ISA Browns. Silly fellow pool player thought he'd make more ISA Browns; instead, this is what he got! :eek::ya

I have three red pullets, four white pullets, and Splotches. Plus, I have two red roos and one white one. I'm a bit torn between keeping the white roo or the red roo pictured. I like the pretty white pullets, but if they lay white eggs, well . . .

There's no real nutritional difference between brown and white eggs, but the public has been conditioned by marketing to think brown eggs are better . . . Being able to be outside does make our backyard flocks' eggs more nutritious, though.

Attachments

• Splotches.jpg
    Splotches.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0174 (2).JPG
    IMG_0174 (2).JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Three Whites.jpg
    Three Whites.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0171 (2).JPG
    IMG_0171 (2).JPG