Introducing Ducklings to each other

viennaproto

Songster
May 9, 2020
Hi everyone!
About two weeks ago I gave my good friend two of my day old call ducklings. Unfortunately, she has adopted a puppy and no longer feels she has the time to take care of them when the puppy arrives. I will be taking them back in about two or three weeks and introducing them to my other call ducklings that we’re in the same shipment. I have introduced ducklings of different ages before but never ones of the same age. Will these ducklings be more likely to be friends and will they recognize each other somewhat when the other two arrive? Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this. Thank you!! :)

Hi there.

They may get along great, you'll just have to see, a little bit of fighting will be normal at first but if it starts to get out of hand they'll need to be separated so they can see and hear each other, but can't touch, I use hardware cloth for this.

After a day or two of them getting used to each other, you can try putting them in with each other a few times a day and see how they get along.

A key tip, is the more space and more activities they have to do, the less fighting will occur.

Hi there.

They may get along great, you'll just have to see, a little bit of fighting will be normal at first but if it starts to get out of hand they'll need to be separated so they can see and hear each other, but can't touch, I use hardware cloth for this.

After a day or two of them getting used to each other, you can try putting them in with each other a few times a day and see how they get along.

A key tip, is the more space and more activities they have to do, the less fighting will occur.
Awesome, thanks so much for the tips!! I am going to try to put them in the run for a couple hours a day together while I do my work and watch them LOL!

Back
Top Bottom