Introducing my dogs to my chicks

Thanks for the compliments on the dog! We're not sure if she's a true aussie, since she's small (like 30 lbs), but we think she's pretty cute!

She has gotten a little destructive lately, digging and destroying parts of our fence, but she loves being petted and she is super soft, so it's hard to be mad at her ;)

Thanks for letting me know that it's normal for the dogs to eat the droppings, I guess I'm not so worried anymore.

My Aussie follows the chickens around and eats poo all day. He has adopted the chickens into his pack and I am currently working with him with the 3 chicks I have in the brooder. He thinks they are his pups.

I'm glad things are going well for you, the dogs and the chickies! Things aren't going so well here thus far. We keep holding the chicks up to the dogs and talking to the chicks like "hello little chickie" in a sweet voice, so the dogs know we like them. Our Sheltie just wants to eat them and the two Yorkies just want to play with them - neither of which is a good result. We shall keep trying.

What happens when they see we're coming with a chick:

Back
Top Bottom