Introducing Myself

SpecialHen

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Massachusetts
Hi there! I've been casually researching chickens for a couple of years now. I've known that I'm getting some good egg layers, White Austra's or Easter Eggers..There a ton more I love, too; As well as have one or two Silkie's. Just waiting on a house to magically say 'get me get me'
I recently met a friend that has chickens and a rooster, her rooster being a therapy animal for her daughter. I've always been interested in this and of course, go 'what if'. Even if my Silkie couldn't be a therapy animal, I'd be interested in just having one as a pet.
I've never known anyone that has chickens, aside from maybe family that I'm not in contact with.
Anywho, I'm going to spend a few months researching and hoping to acquire my first Bantam Silkie in the fall.
However we also live in an apartment so it'll be interesting to say the least.

Hi there,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

Lots of people here on BYC keep their pet chickens and even turkeys in the house! You can have them wear diapers or devote a section of your house just for them. Here is a very active thread that you can read up on and join in on...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/299187/people-with-house-chickens

Good luck and I hope you find the right chicken to make a pet. Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

I was intending on harness training for outdoor activities and diapers...I saw a diaper pattern I could buy online, so I'm planning on doing that. I will check out that link.
I can't wait to get more involved, thank you. :)

Back
Top Bottom