Introducing new peahen...

chicks4kids

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Northern Indiana
I'm thinking of buying a new peahen for Pete...I bought him a mate a while back when I first realized that he would survive his injuries and become my pet. I bought him a peahen for $125.. I'm looking into buying amother peahen. I realize that the "girls" will have issues with eachother, but does anyone see a substantial reason as to NOT introduce a new peahen into the "safehaven"? Pete and Penelope have been together for awhile now, and have been isolated from the chickens and the ducks.... My concern is bringing another peahen into the coop...will Penelope attack her? Will Pete? They are seperate from the other animals and have their own coop and run... I absolutely LOVE Pete and Penelope, but I wonder if he would benefit from another hen. What are your opinions on this? Two is great, but is 3 a crowd?? What do you think???

How old are or Peafowl? What size is there run? there Coop? I have not had any issues introducing new Peafowl, WIth Chickens I have had on and off issues but it works itself out. Others will have more experience with this but I don't see a issue.

Back
Top Bottom