Introducing new poults to adults

HChambers82

Chirping
Feb 16, 2019
South-Central Louisiana
I have 2 8 month old Bourbon Red hens, 1 Narragansett hen and a 2 year old Bronze Tom. I have 6 more poults (day old hatchery) coming in May. I was thinking of seeing if I can hatch out a couple poults at the same time to help with transition. Is this a good idea? Is it even feasible? If not, how should I go about introducing the new poults to my established adult birds?

If you got the space put another cage/fenced inside the area for the
young ones to grow in so they can see hear each other to get used to them.
That's kinda what I had planned, I guess I was looking for conformation. Thank you. I'm new-ish to turkeys. I've had these for 8 months but never had any before. Chickens are so much easier to predict.

I have 2 8 month old Bourbon Red hens, 1 Narragansett hen and a 2 year old Bronze Tom. I have 6 more poults (day old hatchery) coming in May. I was thinking of seeing if I can hatch out a couple poults at the same time to help with transition. Is this a good idea? Is it even feasible? If not, how should I go about introducing the new poults to my established adult birds?
You wait until the new poults are old enough to be on their own, probably at least 2 months old. Allow the adults to see the young ones without any physical contact for at least a week before they are introduced.

Back
Top Bottom