Introducing peacocks and peahens into chicken flock without them jumping out of yard

Shbevhs

Hatching
Feb 16, 2023
I’ve got one peahen and a peacock and have had them penned up in a shed with a chicken mesh door, I don’t know how to introduce them to my chicken, ducks, and Guinea fowl. I tried a while ago to introduce a peacock but after leaving him out of the shed, he hid underneath some trees and was away from the protection that my donkey provided (he got picked up by a hawk)

I’ve trimmed the pea’s flight feather on only their left wing. They can still jump extremely high, maybe eight feet, and have jumped over the fence.

Any tips on introducing them to flock so they stick together and how to keep them from jumping out?

I don't think you can keep them from jumping out. They also shouldn't be housed with the other birds, they'll catch disease from them.
They are in a shed by themselves but i want them to free range with all my other animals in an area that is around an acre,

They are in a shed by themselves but i want them to free range with all my other animals in an area that is around an acre,
How do I get them to be comfortable with my other animals so they don’t hide under the trees and get attacked?

Back
Top Bottom