Introducing the latest 2 additions to the family!

Awww....they are so adorable!!
love.gif
Thankyou!
smile.png

It seems that since I've last owned quail I've forgotten how much they poop.
sickbyc.gif
I'm kind of scared to put my hand in the brooder now...

Managed to get a great picture of Pebbles today. No such luck with Miranda; she's far too hyperactive.
lol.png

Today the quail were also introduced to mealworms. Oddly enough, they didn't seem to like them nearly as much as they liked the crickets. They also turned up their noses at some fresh dandelion leaves. I'm hoping their pickiness is something they'll grow out of; those mealworms aren't going to eat themselves...

Managed to get a great picture of Pebbles today. No such luck with Miranda; she's far too hyperactive.
lol.png

Today the quail were also introduced to mealworms. Oddly enough, they didn't seem to like them nearly as much as they liked the crickets. They also turned up their noses at some fresh dandelion leaves. I'm hoping their pickiness is something they'll grow out of; those mealworms aren't going to eat themselves...
Awww.....just adorable! Chicks are very leary of new foods. They have to be to protect themselves as something they eat could kill them. They will get better as they age and start to grow tired of gamebird food. LOL If you are feeding a really high protein gamebird food, high protein foods like mealworms or even crickets may not seem as interesting. Their bodies crave what they really need in their diet and if they are overloaded with protein, more protein may not seem very tasty at the time. They will get better. My quail eat just about anything I throw their way. Eat first and ask questions later!! Ha!

Awww.....just adorable! Chicks are very leary of new foods. They have to be to protect themselves as something they eat could kill them. They will get better as they age and start to grow tired of gamebird food. LOL If you are feeding a really high protein gamebird food, high protein foods like mealworms or even crickets may not seem as interesting. Their bodies crave what they really need in their diet and if they are overloaded with protein, more protein may not seem very tasty at the time. They will get better. My quail eat just about anything I throw their way. Eat first and ask questions later!! Ha!
Interesting... I'll keep that in mind. I was wondering why my previous quails were all totally fine with eating pretty much anything (including but not limited to the *stalest* raising toast I have ever seen - courtesy of my sister) but these new ones were so cautious. I wondered how on earth their seller had managed to train them to eat the starter so religiously (again, a last resort for my old birds).
gig.gif

I'll ease off the new foods until they're a little older. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom