Introducing the NEW Girls ...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SteveBaz, Oct 12, 2011.

1. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Well Blondie has some sisters we found a Americana, Black Star, Silver Laced Wyandotte and Another Barred Rock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and my little Blondie. She jumped in my lap when I got home with the kids and would not get off me without loves and kisses!! She stole my heart today [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now Blondie has been picking on the new girls but stop most of the time but is pecking and barking the orders to the new comers... I suspect it is very normal. 4 against 1 and you think they would be the power nope BLONDIE is!!! She has been pecking a bit but over the day it has slowed down to just a small movement to them and they learned to bolt and find a neutral corner fast.

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I'm so glad you got new girls, Steve. I'm so sorry about the others.... The new girls look like they'll fit in just fine, as long as they defer to Blondie (as they should)!
    [​IMG]

3. hmmcc123

hmmcc123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    University Place, WA
    [​IMG]

Yay!!! So happy for you!!! [​IMG] Hope your new girls can help you heal your heart!

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Congratulations! Your girls are beautiful! Those buff orpingtons sure are cuddle bugs! So I have heard, anyway!

5. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    The BR in the first pic is a roo, but they are all adorable!

6. SteveBaz

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Funny as it may be but the little BO seems a bit lost and I understand because 2 others came from the same farm and they we hatchlings and grew up all together. Now the 2 are gone and she jumped into my lap and does a full squat and closes her eyes while I love her and touch her and console her as she allowed. Understand she has never come to me before I was not only shocked by her genuine love. I understand completely. Then, there is my new Barred Rock and she was removed from her flock and group just this morning and then with me so she is reluctant to go near Blondie and the 3 others came from the same hatchlings a week before and in a different tub and a different group of birds entirely and she is really alone even though they let her around and not bug her she slept today away from the 3 and with one eye on everything until I went into the coop sat down and stroked her in my lap where she melted herself and meeeeeeeee. She just trusted me right off and closed her eyes like I was her mom and she was in chickie heaven. The other 3 are not without story's. The Americana has the purple medicine on her back and tail because she was picked on in the big girls cage this week. The Black star after looking at her good she has feathering in on her back and side of neck sparse and a bit bare. I am sure I can heal and care for her. The only 1 that seems unaltered other than Blondie chasing her around is the SLW which seems quick to stay out of Blondies path. She is very pretty. So I have a lot of things to do to keep my mind off the tragedy and go forward with my new kids. I will not forget my lessons with my other girls and let the love flow with the new. Thanks for all the support I received with the BYC Community, it will not be forgotten.

7. SteveBaz

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Quote:How do you know this?

8. chic-a-deee

chic-a-deee Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] All power to Blondie...she is so cute.
    What happend to the others Steve?

9. mamachicken888

mamachicken888 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    East Oklahoma
    Quote:How do you know this?

Cause he looks like my Roo:

[​IMG]

10. SteveBaz

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Quote:I left my coop open last night and all my girls were killed by a predator and Blondie survived the attack. I have been sick and crying all day even after we got new girls. The tread was; "ยท There all gone but 1 OMG!! [​IMG] by SteveBaz" I have been sick over it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by