Introducing the NEW Girls ...

SteveBaz

Songster
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Pacific North West
Well Blondie has some sisters we found a Americana, Black Star, Silver Laced Wyandotte and Another Barred Rock

102768_dscn1248.jpg

102768_dscn1249.jpg

and my little Blondie. She jumped in my lap when I got home with the kids and would not get off me without loves and kisses!! She stole my heart today
love.gif

102768_dscn1258.jpg

Now Blondie has been picking on the new girls but stop most of the time but is pecking and barking the orders to the new comers... I suspect it is very normal. 4 against 1 and you think they would be the power nope BLONDIE is!!! She has been pecking a bit but over the day it has slowed down to just a small movement to them and they learned to bolt and find a neutral corner fast.

Funny as it may be but the little BO seems a bit lost and I understand because 2 others came from the same farm and they we hatchlings and grew up all together. Now the 2 are gone and she jumped into my lap and does a full squat and closes her eyes while I love her and touch her and console her as she allowed. Understand she has never come to me before I was not only shocked by her genuine love. I understand completely. Then, there is my new Barred Rock and she was removed from her flock and group just this morning and then with me so she is reluctant to go near Blondie and the 3 others came from the same hatchlings a week before and in a different tub and a different group of birds entirely and she is really alone even though they let her around and not bug her she slept today away from the 3 and with one eye on everything until I went into the coop sat down and stroked her in my lap where she melted herself and meeeeeeeee. She just trusted me right off and closed her eyes like I was her mom and she was in chickie heaven. The other 3 are not without story's. The Americana has the purple medicine on her back and tail because she was picked on in the big girls cage this week. The Black star after looking at her good she has feathering in on her back and side of neck sparse and a bit bare. I am sure I can heal and care for her. The only 1 that seems unaltered other than Blondie chasing her around is the SLW which seems quick to stay out of Blondies path. She is very pretty. So I have a lot of things to do to keep my mind off the tragedy and go forward with my new kids. I will not forget my lessons with my other girls and let the love flow with the new. Thanks for all the support I received with the BYC Community, it will not be forgotten.

Quote:
I left my coop open last night and all my girls were killed by a predator and Blondie survived the attack. I have been sick and crying all day even after we got new girls. The tread was; "· There all gone but 1 OMG!!
sad.png
by SteveBaz" I have been sick over it.

Back
Top Bottom