Introducing the NEW Girls ...

Your BR Is a HEN not a ROO. The darker colour means pullet. That's what the breeder told me, and what I've read so far. Plus look at how small her comb is compared to the roo!

They are beautiful <3 So sorry about your loss
sad.png

So sorry to read about your loss! It's obvious how much you loved your girls, and I can surely empathize with how you must have felt.
They get under your skin so quickly!
Best of luck with your new girls and Blondie!

Note to self: I really, really, really have to get myself a BO!!
If only I have room for another...

Including Blondie they will not come out of the brooder box. This morning I forced them all out and less than 15 minutes later they were all back in. I know they feel safe there but? How do I get them out they are 1 day new with me and will not budge from the brooder. They are chirping and moving but content to be there. How long can they go with out food or water ? They all ate this morning and drank water I think but I will hustle them out later and make sure .

My little rock I think is only a 4 weeker and very lost without her group. She even has some fuzz still mixed in with the body feathers. I held and loved her this morning and she was cooing in my lap in a full squat with eyes closed. If I bring her in with me do you think it will separate her from the girls even more not having her with them and around them? I feel she still needs some people raising. She did ok in the brooder last night with no signs for wear. Anyone think I may bring her in for a few days? I think not?>?>?>?>

They have all had some traumatic days of late - encourage them to come out and eat and drink, offer them bribes, and give them time. Can you put any food or water in where they are staying? Definitely give them vitamins and extra nourishment for the next week or two. With all of that and a good dose of love, they will hopefully adjust to the new situation and become more comfortable.

Is there any chance that the predator is coming back at night and they can see or hear it? If so, is there any way to protect them from the sights/sounds - maybe some extra boards in strategic locations? Just some thoughts.

Quote:
They are in a plywood made locked brooder with locks on each door. I do not have a clue how to sound proof the brooder
idunno.gif
Short of a specialty product. I will let them figure that out

Quote:
Just leaving for a fresh bottle of vitamins. Went to go put Blondie back in the coop and my daughter took a couple of pics because she was jumping on me so I sat so she could sit with me.

102768_dscn1271.jpg

102768_dscn1259.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like you have done all you can and it will just take time and extra love for the girls - and it looks like you are giving them plenty of that! Best wishes for you all.

Lap chickens are the best!!
love.gif
Not sure what to do with your little BR. Sounds like she should maybe be in the house but removing her from her new sisters might not be a good idea since she is already the odd one out. Hmmmm.....can you put a brooder light in somewhere that won't make it too hot for the other girls? I am wondering if our PNW weather is a little cold for the girls in the morning and that is why they are hiding in where it is warmer? Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom