Introducing the NEW Girls ...

Quote:
I bought 4 more little girls just yesterday

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/102768_dscn1248.jpg

I know! I was thinking ONE more so you would have 6 total.
wink.png

Havent you heard of Chicken Math. I told my wife we have to buy in 4's
hide.gif

Quote:
I know! I was thinking ONE more so you would have 6 total.
wink.png

Havent you heard of Chicken Math. I told my wife we have to buy in 4's
hide.gif

Yes, I have heard of Chicken Math! That is why I thought you should have 6!
lol.png

up in right hand corner, type chiken math in google custom search and enjoy many of the threads that have posted on byc. its a cluck, and once you learnt the basic principals, you too can become an expert.
smile.png

Quote:
My rooster loves coming inside with me. I keep him in a pet carrier cos I have carpet!!! The girls are still in the brooder as well. Theyve had short stays in the big coop as they are
5 weeks old, & they too have some fuzz on them still. When in the big coop, they wander around abit, but if I sit there (outside) & watch them, then they hang around me.
So I leave them for about an hour, to explore, peck & scratch. Pumpkin found a small worm & ate it....it was so cute. When they start doing that then getting some grit into them
is the best thing. I use a large pot plant draining tray for the grit & sand, & they use it straight away. Ive also put down straw to keep the coop floor dry as its been very very wet here.
So, the girls will stay in the coop at night cos they dont crow in the morning lol.
lol.png
lol.png

Quote:
Thank you, that was lots of fun reading... and I've wondered what this new impulse is to want more chickens, and maybe now some ducks, and yes hair sheep do okay in the tropics.... And I see now it's just the chicken math.
wink.png

Well I just came home to a wonderful site and I knew it was a matter of time because Blondie is a Buff Orpinton and being the gentle kind of breed they are it was just letting her be the bird she is, which is wonderful temperament and nature. She was laying down in the corner with all the new babies around her snuggling almost trying to get under her. She would move and resettle until they would push her to get close and she finally hit the corner and she stayed there and they all are napping as a little family. It makes my heart sing to see it after all the sadness of this week loosing her hatch mates and friends. I cant tell you how pleased and happy this really makes me.
ya.gif
wee.gif

Gosh, Steve, I just found both your threads. I am so very sorry for your loss ... and so gratified to read about Blondie adjusting with her new siblings. What a great coda to the week you've had. Love Buff O's - so glad she survived - and again, so sorry the others didn't.

Back
Top Bottom