Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by annies barnyard, Aug 23, 2019.

1. annies barnyard

annies barnyard In the Brooder

Aug 23, 2019
    Leicestershire, England
    Me and my husband have been keeping chickens for 3 and 1/2 years now. We started with a leghorn light sussex speckeldy and warren. Currently we have a light sussex, white star, speckeldy, 2 rangers, devon blue and Cheshire blue. We live in Leicestershire, England and we have a reasonable sized garden that we allow them to free range in. We have joined the forum because since we started keeping chickens we have encountered numerous problems and the internet has been very useful. We live in an area where there is only one vet local to us that deals with poultry and it is not always possible to see him straight away so any advice is always welcome from people who have encountered similar problems previously.

2. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - UK

Best wishes

Pork Pie

3. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your flock!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard Chickens, the pulse beat of the chicken community.

5. Hi welcome. I’m in UK too and I suspect will be in the same boat. What kind of problems have you encountered. I’m just staring out with little chicks I hatched. I had hens before and didn’t experience many issues but reading this forum has made me aware of inifite possibilities. I’m working on a chicken rescue kit!

6. Claires Poultry

Claires Poultry Free Ranging

Mar 24, 2019
    Beach, ND
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :welcome
    We're so glad to have you here with us! :ya
    Thank you for joining our wonderful community of fellow poultry enthusiasts! :)
    :wee

7. Kabootar

Kabootar Songster

Aug 15, 2017
    Bihar India
    :welcome Annie, we are sure that you like our community. There are many helpful and experienced chicken people here. Feel free to ask any questions or state any problems that you may have to face with raising the birdies.

Good luck

8. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

9. slejdad

slejdad Songster

Apr 24, 2019
    Whaleyville (Suffolk) Va
    Welcome to the group. You've come to the right place to find a treasure trove of information!

10. ValerieJ

ValerieJ Free Ranging

Jul 24, 2016
    Washington State
    Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: