Introduction

Hi!
I’m new to the forum and read that I should introduce myself... right?

I got (4) day-old black austrolorp chicks and they will be 16 weeks old tomorrow. I can’t believe how much I love them. They are sweet, snuggly, silly, smart and so well behaved. My partner and I talk often and knowingly about how we have THE BEST chickens. It’s no contest... they are the best ;)

Their names are Earnesta, Beatrice, Gertrude and Dotty or affectionately... Earnie, Bertie, Gertie and Dot.

I’m also wild about my tortoises Diego and Pops and I love gardening. I live in Portland, Oregon but hopefully not for long. I’m dreaming of a more rural life.

After getting lots of good info here I’ve finally joined because I have a problem/question that I could use some expert opinions on. I’ll save it for the proper section.

Thank you for accepting me into your community. View attachment 2285901

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people! Hey, wow! We sold our house in Portland just a bit over a year ago and moved down to Lakeside, Oregon. Just five minutes to the beach, tons of lakes around us for fishing, and a very small town. We have 10 birds now, first-time chicken owners. Any idea where you're going to move to?

Welcome! :frow I also have 4 Aussies. They are 10 weeks. Yoshi (the boy), Bowser, Cheeky and Raven. They are growing fast. They are a little skittish but will sometimes jump up on my lap if I sit in the pen with them, usually looking for treats.
That’s so great! I’d love to see pics of yours. I sit in the pen with mine a lot. Sometimes they just hang out near me, doing their thing and sometimes they all want to be in my lap. Of course, it’s usually all or nothing. I need a bigger lap!

Back
Top Bottom