Where did you get the Fogger?

From Mr Ebay.

Did you also treat the chickens with anything, like directly on them?

AniForte Mites Spray for Chickens from Amazon.

Did you forego eating the eggs for a period of time after the treatment?

No and I am still here but I have turned green and have a variety of yellow and pink blobs all over my body!

How many chickens do you have and how large is your coop?

Three coops averaging 1.5m x 1.5m x 1m, two rectangular and an A framed one, currently running with 14 chickens and they pick and choose what coop they head into to sleep and lay as they all free range during the day.

Numbers go up and restricted areas are put in place when we start with our broilers in Spring but even our broilers get to free range every day, we are too soft with all our animals!

Thanks for the link. but none of that is what I'm talking about...truly these are literally invisible bugs. My vet says there is a microscopic form of mites. I've ordered a pyrethrin fogger and plan to lock the birds outside away from the coop and put it off in the morning, and not let them back in til the next day, plus dust them with mite killer. We'll see. Honestly these bugs are bothering me more than the chickens from what i can tell!
I don’t know how old this chat is, but I’ve got the same problem and it’s only just started in the last week, did you find a solution and if so what was it

Back
Top Bottom