Ipswich Brisbane I Have Shelter

elizabethbinary

Songster
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Dear BYC members in Brisbane or Ipswich,

If you are able to get to the Redbank Plains area safely, I have shelter, food and medical supplies. Both of us are SES and First Aid Certified. We have emergency stores of dry food, water and frozen foods as long as the power hold out. I don't care if I've never met you, we've never spoken or you've never even HEARD of me - if you are in this area and need assistance, PM ME and I will send you my address. I have room for chickens, ducks, geese and the like. Sorry no cattle/horses. Dogs and cats welcome.

Bring what you can - we're stocked but things are helpful - needles, extra food, blankets and medical care.

We're safe and we're here for you, please do not hesitate. We are more than prepared for refugees for quite awhile.

Dear Mods, please keep my number up here for at least two days if my power goes out - please don't delete this, very important, I am aware of the possible concequences -

My number is ANYONE needs it is 0402588144 - SMS or call me if you need shelter, medical aid or anything you can think of.

Edit 2: I have left my address with Michelle1017 - please contact her for shelter if I cannot reply!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
The floods are quite possibly worse than you think. A lot of people I know are homeless but can't reach me. Electricity to the CAPITAL is being shut off right now. The banks have broken - my city is 1/3rd underwater. My supermarket is completely gone, just the sign left.

I am very lucky - I prepared for something like this - including room for refugees. I can handle 6-10 people for 2-4 months if anybody needs anything.

That is very nice for you to offer that to them!!
love.gif

Please be very, VERY careful. While most people will gladly take the help, others could take your life. I'll be praying for you and for those that need your help.

wood&feathers :

Prayers for all in Australia's needy hour - most Americans have no idea of the scope of the flooding. Unbelievable.

I don't think the news over there is covering it properly. I called my mother and she is really cheery. I tried to explain but she doesn't seem to be aware of the seriousness. Told her I might be evacuated - she told me to bring a book in case I get bored. Silly lady.

Speaking of, I have electricty - I should call her again while I can.

Thank you ALL for your prayers.

My husband has gone out to collect refugees.​

Back
Top Bottom