Ipswich Brisbane I Have Shelter

My friend has still not been heard from.
sad.png

We might be getting our first evacuees soon.

You can't stop watching the news because it's getting worse by the minute. New stuff is coming in so fast they can't report it.

Thank you for all the well wishes everyone. <3 The flood waters are coming - we're just sitting around bracing to be hit by a flood of water... it's creepy and weird.

Last edited:
Quote:
Whats going to happen to you?? Are you going to get flooded also?
sad.png
Or are you on higher ground or something..

I'm sorry about your friend... I hope you hear from him soon.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Whats going to happen to you?? Are you going to get flooded also?
sad.png
Or are you on higher ground or something..

I'm sorry about your friend... I hope you hear from him soon.
fl.gif

I'll be flooded in by I won't be flooded out. I'm directly on a hill on a hill so all the surrounding areas are falling but we need like 30 more metres for water to get to us. However the road goes down a fair bit between us and the market that's still open - my husband got potatoes today and I'm going to plant my other potatoes today and see if I have any harvestable. I've put my first fertilized eggs under some natural incubation (love you clucky hens, right now).... Giant pot of barley chicken stew on the oven for the emergency workers/evacuees.

Everyone is doing what they can for everyone... we're all opening something...homes, wallets, hearts...arms. It's amazing. <3

Still haven't heard from my friend. Still have electricity/internet Amazing.

Feeling so blessed right now.

God bless you elizabethbinary. Our prayers are with you. I can't even imagine what you are going through.

This should be a wake up call for all of us! Do we all have storage and to spare to help others?

Please continue to be careful and send us updates if you can. I am praying for you and the people of your country. Just heartbreaking that this is happening.

Please be safe. Bless you for reaching out to others. So many are in need right now.

hugs.gif

Aww you guys are really sweet. I'm just incredibly lucky - I'm in a great situation. I have chickens growing, things incubating naturally, roosters on the property (accidentally! How lucky!) and ducks almost ready for slaughter. I also am stocked up on grains (whole wheat and barley and oats mostly). About six months ago I got all paranoid (my husband actually called me paranoid HAHAH!!!!) and started hoarding cans of food and jarring fruits and vegetables. I even told him to bring me fish to can - he thought I was nuts! You know what he thinks now? Well, he thinks he's never going to win an argument again in his entire life, that's what he thinks!!

Haha sorry I need some humour.
smile.png
We've got our name out a lot of places - but a lot of people are helping as well. Everyone is working together. Numbers are being passed around like candy to find homes for pets and people. Every time I reach out, the person already has found someone. This is really an amazing place to live. Not only am I blessed to have a good sitution, I'm blessed to know good people - who wouldn't help in my situation!? You'd have to be a right arse to not give what you can right now.

Also - would you believe I only got first aid training three months ago?

Grains are cheap, please think to stock up. Huge bags only $20 and could feed your family for weeks.

Okay NOW I'm going to cry... the place my husband and I had our first date just went under a second ago.
hit.gif

Edit: Gah I'm sorry that sounded so self-centred.
sad.png
I just saw it go under and got sad...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom