Irresponsible dog owners...gotta rant!

There was a really cute little black maltese mix that used to hang around my house when girls were in heat. i took him home several times, called animal control, put him in "jail" and the owner would just bail him out and turn him loose again. he was a very determined breeder and although he never got to one of my dogs, he was very persistent at the gate to the back yard. I got sick of it and finally just made an appointment and had him neutered, turned him back loose a day later. Never saw him here again.

Quote:
Not only that, he probably told all his friends, and THEY steered clear from then on!
lau.gif

Quote:
Well I hope that taught the owner a lesson. At least it fixed your problem. And a hello from someone who grew up in your area.

Quote:
Well I hope that taught the owner a lesson. At least it fixed your problem. And a hello from someone who grew up in your area.

lau.gif
gig.gif
onthespot, I'm sitting here reading this first thing this morning and I can hardly see to type through my tears of laughter. A good job done well.
clap.gif

Way to go.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

It certainly "fixed" the problem!
lau.gif

Quote:
yes me too. dog would stand no chance if she was after my live stock and messing with my prize dog.7mm 08 would do the trick.

Seriously, call animal control each time this happens until this problem is resolved. I'm sure that your neighbors are quite aware of this problem. If they know that they can impinge on your rights now, they probably won't hesitate to take advantage of you in the future.

Suzy

frow.gif

Quote:
ya but when you have 7 acers to fience in it get expencive. my cost would be 17k to fence the hole yard

First, let me say that your neighbors dogs would not walk off my property.

Second, I agree that a good fence is a wonderful thing. Your underground fence only keeps your dog in, which is highly commendable, but it doesn't keep other dogs OUT. Your dog is effectivly trapped. Like you, I have more property than I care to fence in a manner that will keep out others' dogs. It is quite expensive. My solution was two fold: I fenced an area around the house for the dogs to be able to access freely and when I needed additional fencing that could be moved I went and found one of the fencing companies here that sold old construction fence panels. I bought 26 ten foot panels that are effectively 10 feet high (they have barbed wire on top). I zip tie/ wire tie these together whenever I need a mobile pen. Works a treat and ran me $100.

Still, in the end, dogs roaming your yard is unacceptable. If you are unwilling/unable to shoot, shovel and shut-up then I would take the dogs to an animal shelter in a neighboring county.

Quote:
I see only one problem with this solution. If I were to do this in
my neighborhood, the people would be suing me left and right for
depriving them of the profits that breeding that dog would have
brought them. Even if it is a mix breed, around here I'd be in
court faster than you can spit.

Back
Top Bottom