Irritated Breast Bone Area with Missing feathers

Anyone else have any ideas? I noticed my one other hen has the same feather missing pattern. One thing all three of these chickens have in common is that I bought them all together as chicks in the fall of 2017. I checked for mites late last night when they were roosting and did not see anything. Should I treat them anyways to be safe?

You might want to pad your roosts. I use 4 inch wide roosts, so mine can sleep on their feet in cold weather. Some people prefer round roosts, or 2 inch wide roosts. I would at the condition or roughness of yours in case they are rough or splintery. Some use old towels or carpet and wrap the roosts to smooth them.

You might want to pad your roosts. I use 4 inch wide roosts, so mine can sleep on their feet in cold weather. Some people prefer round roosts, or 2 inch wide roosts. I would at the condition or roughness of yours in case they are rough or splintery. Some use old towels or carpet and wrap the roosts to smooth them.
Thanks for your response - I have both 4 inch and 2 inch roosts in my coop. They are fairly smooth surfaces but i will look into that suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom