Is 10 1/2 too young to be starting hormonal changes?

chicken_china_mom

Crazy for Cochins
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Tab, Indiana
Ok, so I have two girls, ages 10 1/2 and 9 1/2, and they are driving me nuts! My older girl, Katie started talking back, and she cries over EVERYTHING. If you tell her to do a load of laundry it's like you threatened to pull out her toenails. And my 9 1/2 year old has an attitude problem, not to mention she's in the heat of that lying stage where I can't believe most of what comes out of her mouth. I know now why parents get gray hair! Starting at about 7 1/2 Katie began to develop in the chest area, and now it's quite noticeable if she doesn't wear a bra. I was 14 or 15 before I ever needed a bra! But not this kid! She's in about a 34 or 36 A, not double AA, just A! She is outgrowing kids clothes and is nearly out of a 14/16. Mostly it's because she's a little thick around the middle (built like her dad). My mom suggested that Katie is beginning to experience the hormonal changes of a pre-teen. I am soooooooooo not ready for that. Cause right after her will be the other one.
hide.gif
When they get an attitude problem and are driving me nuts I tell them they'll never have to threaten me with running away (which they have threatened my mother with when she watches them), cause I'll do the running! They just look at me like I'm nuts. I don't know if I can handle another 8 years of cockiness, hormones, irritability, talking back, and whatever worse comes with being a teenager. Honestly, I was good teenager. I didn't do drugs, didn't smoke, didn't get pregnant (a good portion of my close friends did), and my mom even admits that I was a good kid. But these two, I try hard to raise them right. Katie's new thing is when she hangs out with my neighbor's son who is 13 (there are only 8 kids total in our town, and they all kind of play together, except one who is seriously sheltered), she swears. She is not allowed to use that kind of language at home. Of course I find out when her sister comes flying home to tattle on her. I think she's just trying to impress my neighbor's son, trying to sound more mature than she really is. Personally I think it just shows her age. Is anyone else going through this? How are you coping? Have you thought of packing your bags and running away too? (I'm not serious about that, it's more symbolism than anything!) Please tell me what you do with your pre-teens. I'm at my wits end!
barnie.gif

You and no other parent of teenagers will ever get any help from me. I got none from any of you when I was raising my son and daughter who were one year apart (same birthdays). I was trying to get a bill passed in Congress to ship all teenagers off to a private island so they could be with all the other perfect beings. My plan would be that they could not return until they began to become human again at 18. I knew sooner or later that you and others like you would rue the day you didn't do everything you could to help bring about my getting the bill passed. Welllllllll, you're on your own now.

Last edited:
Oh I wish I had some advice for you. I didn't get my itty bitties until I was 11 and I hated wearing a bra
barnie.gif
My son is turning 11 next month and he's been going through "the change". He smells like a filthy locker room. I remember that smell when my brothers were going through the change
sickbyc.gif
I have him constantly taking showers but you can't wash hormones away
roll.png

Shoot, if I had known that you were trying to get that bill passed I would have been down at Congress lobbying right along side you! However, I think shipping them to another planet would be much more beneficial to us parents...
big_smile.png

I have one class of 24 seventh graders....11/12/13 year old girls for 45 minutes.
I love them when I don't want to duct tape them to the ceiling.

My daughter will turn 12 on Sunday. She is a basket-case and making me one too! She's either crying, screaming, pouting, or not speaking! She's not a big child, about 5 ft. and probably doesn't weigh more than 85 lbs., but she's been wearing a bra for about a year now (yes.. she needed one!) and has feet as big as mine! I swear it has to be the hormones in the food we buy from the grocery store!

Regardless, to answer your question... prepare yourself!! The next few years are going to be tough. I'm really dreading it. I know why God gave me 6 boys and only 2 girls.
barnie.gif

Quote:
18!, Their still not human at 18, they just aren't the parents problem anymore. I live next door to the dorms for the second largest party school in the US, and believe me, these kids (My age by the way, early 20's), Still are not Human!
barnie.gif
Only 1 week until summer break, I can't wait they all go home for the summer, and Chico is habitable again, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom