Is $70.99 Good Price For Hova-Bator+Turner?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jan336, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Jan336

Jan336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Im thinking of getting a Hova-Bator and egg turner. The one I am looking at is a special for the turner and Bator. It is priced at $70.99 and only $15.49 shipping. Any advice please? [​IMG]

2. tay_boe

tay_boe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Is it on eBay? I looked at one and it seems fair to me because a LG with turner would be around $90

3. Jan336

Quote:Yeah, it is on Ebay. Says it is new and unopened. Are these reliable Bators?

4. tay_boe

Aug 27, 2010
    Sorry I'm no help there! It can be so scary buying stuff now! You never know who is gonna rip you off.

5. Jan336

Quote:Well that is encouraging. [​IMG]

6. tay_boe

Aug 27, 2010
    Lol oops I didn't mean to be a pessimist!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

If it's a still air, I'd pass. Those sell for about $45 in the feed stores and the turner is about $36-40. Seems not that big of a deal to me, maybe a couple of bucks less than you can buy at the feed store. Now, if it was a circulated air, great deal!

Personally, though, I'd pick a Hova over an LG any day of the week, but never a still air.

8. Jan336

Quote:Ok, is this one a better deal? Im lost when it comes to buying incubators.......[​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Which one? Was there a link you meant to post? If you are going to buy a still air anyway, the deal is probably fine, not really super, but okay. Circulated air incubators are less inclined to have those high heat spikes that kill embryos, though. Lots of folks do hatch in still air bators, but they require lots of babysitting.

10. Jan336

I think I am set on the 2362N Hova-Bator. Where is a good deal to get it from? When I google it, it only shows Randall Burk Company listed at $125.98 and then Sure Hatch for $129.98. Any other suggestions?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by