Is $75 for...

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by mahsmaj, Aug 25, 2010.

1. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    For a pair of mated lovebirds with eggs and a cage a good deal??

2. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    thats amzing usily you cant find one bird or even a cage for that price, but if the cage is less then 30x24 its to small

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    yup..

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Not bad at all. Just be prepared for all the noise.

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Sounds like a good deal if the cage is nice and the birds are what you are looking for! Good cages can be $$$.

6. Loddie Da

Loddie Da Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2007
    Troy, New York
    Good deal if they are not old birds & the cage is big enough & in good shape. All in all I'd go for it, Even more so if you plan to handfed & sell the babies from the "freebie" eggs.

~ Della ~

7. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    good deal...

but be prepared to loose the eggs if you move the birds while there still in the nest unless your planning on incubating them seperatly. the stress of moving often causes lovies to abandon the nest.

8. markbirds

markbirds Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Hello, I breed lovebirds and that is an excellent deal. Mine are all indoor bred in aviairies and some in cages. All my breeding cages are 24 by 30 with only one pair per cage, so you will need another cage for the young when they are on there own because the parents will chew on them.

9. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Thats is a pretty good deal. I have alot of Lovebirds. Depending on what color you are getting and cage that is a good deal. I think if you move them they wolnt keep setting on the eggs. I know mine wouldnt keep setting.

Ryan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by