Is a chicken considered a fowl or a bird? Can it be considered a pet?

Laughing at your neighbor probably isn't helping. That is the kind of thing that makes people mad and frustrated and talk to city council about making new ordinances.
Well she can try but even the churches here in town have dyno days. So she is kinda out of luck. We all have race cars of one form or another. There are multiple car shops that just build race cars. She moved to the wrong town. And being that kind of "B" is what gets her laughed at. And even the cops laughed. Sorry but not sorry. Some people are beyond understanding. We tried nice. She can go rant at the council all she wants. Not going to help. My point is. If the original poster gets chickens she must keep the fact that people like that woman are in the world and will not stop bothering her. And the chickens may not even be an issue. Just the fact that she has them and "shouldn't" is enough to set some people off. It would so so very sad if she got the birds and fell in love with them, as you do, only to have to give them up because little Miss. Suzy Q. Better Than You had a tantrum. That is all I am saying. Those people complain no matter if laws are being followed or not.

Last edited:
People like that have issues way before there's laughter involved.
Laughter is also kinder then slapping someone.
No offense but if you think ridicule or physical violence are the only way to deal with an angry neighbor, you should probably stick to following the rules.

I do stick to following the rules. Thats not a negative thing.
Doesn't sound like theyre talking about an angry neighbor.
Ive had a neighbor just like the one spoken about except he was obsessed with everyones lawns.
It wasn't just being angry. It was about they had a ridiculous view on a subject and expected everyone else to adopt their view.
Not unlike someone that thinks they should have chickens and that everyone else in the area should be a fan of suburban chickens because they are.

No offense but if you think ridicule or physical violence are the only way to deal with an angry neighbor, you should probably stick to following the rules.
Yep. I follow the rules. She just doesn't like the rules. As i stated. She doesn't like the fact we are ALLOWED to have our cars. No one works on the past 8pm, the city ordnance says 9pm. No one drives them on the streets. Only on the track. No one is doing burn outs or donuts or dumb stuff. But you have to start them to know they are working. You have to drive them into their trailers because they are heavy! They have to run them to tune them. She is the problem not us and frankly people like her who try to run everyone else's life based on what she wants deserves ridicule. The world doesn't revolve around her. Just because she doesn't like race cars doesn't mean the rest 9f us can't have them. Not fair.

I do stick to following the rules. Thats not a negative thing.
Doesn't sound like theyre talking about an angry neighbor.
Ive had a neighbor just like the one spoken about except he was obsessed with everyones lawns.
It wasn't just being angry. It was about they had a ridiculous view on a subject and expected everyone else to adopt their view.
Not unlike someone that thinks they should have chickens and that everyone else in the area should be a fan of suburban chickens because they are.
OP said they have had a great relationship with their neighbors for 20 years. It doesn't sound like they are demanding their neighbors to be chicken fans. They just want to have 4 hens. You're projecting your lived experience onto someone else who is in a totally different situation.

Well she can try but even the churches here in town have dyno days. So she is kinda out of luck. We all have race cars of one form or another. There are multiple car shops that just build race cars. She moved to the wrong town. And being that kind of "B" is what gets her laughed at. And even the cops laughed. Sorry but not sorry. Some people are beyond understanding. We tried nice. She can go rant at the council all she wants. Not going to help. My point is. If the original poster gets chickens she must keep the fact that people like that woman are in the world and will not stop bothering her. And the chickens may not even be an issue. Just the fact that she has them and "shouldn't" is enough to set some people off. It would so so very sad if she got the birds and fell in love with them, as you do, only to have to give them up because little Miss. Suzy Q. Better Than You had a tantrum. That is all I am saying. Those people complain no matter if laws are being followed or not.
Yes exactly there are some people who will complain no matter what the rules are. My point is that it is more important to have a good relationship with your neighbors. Sounds like you are not able to have a good relationship with your neighbor even if you follow the rules so :idunno.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: may be worth looking into. Show the benefits of hens. Give it a try. Lots of places are allowing hens now.

Even the snootiest, most heavily regulated (ordinances and neighborhood covenants) ski town/tourist trap in my state are now allowing hens because a year round resident went to the Select Board and asked for a reconsideration of the ordinance. It wasn't an immediate yes - the resident needed to do some leg work - but viola! A month or so later, they were allowed to have hens.

OP said they have had a great relationship with their neighbors for 20 years. It doesn't sound like they are demanding their neighbors to be chicken fans. They just want to have 4 hens. You're projecting your lived experience onto someone else who is in a totally different situation.
We have two situations going on here.
OP is in an area where it is clear that chickens aren't allowed. But they want chickens so theyre looking for options and support to break the rules because thats what they want.
Situation 2 is about someone that is breaking no rules and dealing with someone that wants things their way even though there are no rules being broken.
Its clear which side I'm on in both situations. Now if you can't agree and you want to back the opposite in both situations thats fine. We all get opinions about right and wrong.

Back
Top Bottom