Is a pair of drakes really better?

And likely has to separate them sometimes to...
Yes, I have inadvertently become a master at making tiny barriers. One had to be constructed hastily before work because Spring hormones hit hard, and early for these guys!

Like @Miss Lydia said, I do love them and probably go above and beyond what most people would do to keep these egg-less jerks from killing each other every Spring!

I think a lot depends on the temperament of the drakes. I have one boy who never attacks anyone else, ever.

Keeping multiple drakes requires a little more work, and probably helps to have some space.

Timely information. I'm considering getting a group of drakes which are for sale near me. I was going to process some each weekend until I just had the one I liked best. However, as it's spring in this part of the world, I can see that this could be a bad plan.

Here drakes are usually free, must be some nice birds!

From what I understand, the hormones are based on light exposure. Not how much daylight you get in NZ but you might be better off with girls.
Timely information. I'm considering getting a group of drakes which are for sale near me. I was going to process some each weekend until I just had the one I liked best. However, as it's spring in this part of the world, I can see that this could be a bad plan.

Back
Top Bottom