Is any one else hating the rain?

Sounds crazy but now that we have a couple days break in rain, I'm waiting for it to rain again. I just finished making an "awning" for the pop door since rain was blowing in and want to test it to make sure it works, but for that, I need more rain!

Plus I just dumped in several more piles of leaves and sticks and want to make sure all the puddle-y areas got good coverage...

Oh, I'm so sorry for all you living in duck lands! I'm also jealous- I bet you don't have to worry about your well running dry! We're dry and warm here in Northern Nevada- can be 21F at night, but 50-70F during the same day. Not much rain for months, and no snow to speak of in the Sierras. We're praying for some precipitation of some kind. But the chickens are happy! :)

Sounds crazy but now that we have a couple days break in rain, I'm waiting for it to rain again. I just finished making an "awning" for the pop door since rain was blowing in and want to test it to make sure it works, but for that, I need more rain!

Plus I just dumped in several more piles of leaves and sticks and want to make sure all the puddle-y areas got good coverage...
You could test it with a hose or sprinkler.

You could test it with a hose or sprinkler.

Oh, it's watertight for sure. But I can't replicate the angle the rain and wind is naturally taking to ensure that I covered up enough.

We did have some rain last night but the pop door was already closed, so I couldn't check if rain was going in. The steps leading to the door seemed mostly dry so that's a good start.

Heading out to the US for a week, so hoping that the rain isn’t too bad for the girls while we’re away! I’ve got a friend coming daily though, and thank goodness she’s ok with scooping the poop and cleaning, so everything should be fine :fl

We had rain Monday & Tuesday & officially topped 1972 (Hurricane Agnes year) for the wettest year ever, with 2 months to go. Drenching rain forecast for tomorrow & Tuesday. Run just cannot dry out this year. I should have gotten ducks!

Back
Top Bottom