Is anybody else tired of....

LegginMF12

Songster
12 Years
May 2, 2011
Yucca Valley
Low rise and boot cut jeans? I am so tired of boot cut I could just scream.
barnie.gif
I wear a size 6 in cowboy boots, so if it is not a straight leg I am constantly walking on them. It drives me nuts not mention it ruins the pants. I am also so very tired of sitting down and hoping my back side is not hanging out. Thank goodness I can still find the men's slim fit wranglers, but it would be nice to have a few more options in jeans.

Last edited:
I don't like or dislike boot cut, but I LOVE lowrise pants. Mid to high rise doesn't work for me, more gap in the waist and nasty pulling and too tight in the crotch always.

Quote:
I have the exact opposite problem. The lower the rise the more they pull in the crotch area. I really just want to be able to find straight legs that aren't so short. I need at least a 33" length to get them to sit over my boot s right. The boot cut and flare completely cover my entire foot.

Quote:
I always watch eBay, it's getting a little easier to find the wranglers now that I have gained weight. Try finding mens slim fit wranglers in a 27' waist. I had to special order them 5 pairs at a time through the feed store. I just bought a pair of the ADIKTD jeans in a straight leg but they cost $68.00! I have spent half the day looking for them on the web but so far everything is in boot cut.

I like the boot cut. Not only do they have a nice line at the boot, but you never have to reach down and pull the pant leg over the boot.
Isn't walking the back out of the boot cut some kind of fashion statement, along with the skool ring, in the back pocket?

I like my pants to ride right at the top of the hipbone.

It amazes me that women can't buy pants in waist and inseam sizes. My wife wears men's jeans and khakis a lot so she can get the right inseam.

One man's opinion, I don't like flared/boot cut jeans on anybody and only very slender women look good in low rise pants.

Worse than not being able to purchase by waist and inseam size is that sizing between different brands can vary quite a lot, and that doesn't take into account the "down sizing" efforts where what used to be a 10 is now and 8 and what used to be a 6 is now a 4.

In some cases a petite has a very short crotch to waist measurement (regardless of where the top of the waistband actually occurs), while others are closer to regular at the top of the pants, but have shorter legs.

I like midrise jeans because the regular ones feel too tight on my waist. I love boot cut jeans-----maybe you just need to buy the 6 petite? I have to buy petite or short length jeans because my legs are short even though I wear size 10. I've found petite jeans at Cato, and short length at TSC----the wranglers, levis or lee.

Back
Top Bottom