Is anybody else tired of....

I just wear all my fancy jeans from high school['06 grad]. Boot cut never cover boots, I don't care if my crack shows, cus my animals don't care and they are the only ones watching, lol! The lower cut they are, the more it'll need to be constantly 'adjusted', unless you don't wear skin tight, then you have no issues. I can't stand loose jeans, stuff gets in em, they flap around, could more easily get caught when your going over fences, etc.
Worn pants are always 'cool', but never the fake factory made ones, that is beyond lame.

I had to put my foot down last month when my Teenage DD wanted some Moolah to buy a new pair of jeans, I put up the normal fuss any dad should and then reluctantly dished out the $100.00 she asked for. When she got home and showed me proudly what she had bought I went through the ceiling. They were all tattered with big ripp's and holes in them all over the place, I said what the hey!!! is this, I told her I didn't think she made a good choice and of course I got the customary eye roll and the whole there in style argument. needless to say it won't happen again and have advised the DW against a new jean budget for her.

It is so surprising how much these young kids will spend to look like they don't care what they look like LOL. you have to pay big bucks to look all ratty and desheveled, I for one am out hehehe.

I would never pay more than $40 for any pair of jeans, definitely not give my kids, if I had any, any money what so ever for clothes if they choose something like that.

Ugh, low rise are so annoying. Even belts don't help.
barnie.gif

ETA: I don't want them past my belly button or something, but I think that they should be a bit further up than barely enough to not expose anything...
tongue.png

Last edited:
It is a battle............ however she has been very wise in her choices in the past and dresses very nice for a young lady, so it's a wait and see thing, I am sure she will come out of this phase soon LOL.

Quote:
I am the crossing guard at dd's school. She is in middle school. I see ALLL kinds of interesting apparel. But here if they have holes or rips they get sent to the office to either "tape' or "staple" the rips and tears. Sometimes the kids try to get wise and wear leggins under the jeans so no skin shows. Sometimes they let that slide sometimes not. Seems to depend on the mood of the day.

DD is very concerned with her "look" but likes certain brands of jeans. And NOT "in" names. She adores "tyte"brand and "grane" brand. She can wear aeropostale but amereican eagle fits her better. But I buy most of our clothes at good will or salvation army. She is game for that and always snags the grane and tyte brand jeans.

She has some that she only wears with cowboy boots, some that have stretch that she prefers to ride in and some that are exclusively school jeans. She loves all styles and not all are low rise.

Me I just know what BRANDS fit me and buy them when I run into them at the goodwill etc. But even there they are now wanting $5.00 a pair. Cheaper than the mall but not super cheap. I can get NEW aeropostale jeans for 5-7.00 new on clearance and DO!

Yes I'm tired of always seeing the back side of everyone bending over, skinny or fat. I mean come on people keep it to yourself in public please!
I love winter because people have to cover up in a north Idaho winter!
I'm wearing anything with elastic waists these days.... (DHs fault since I'm almost 15 weeks with our 5th!)
smile.png

Normally I like flared jeans though I like the frayed look on the bottom to
smile.png
yea I'm strange. But I like to have higher waists so 'Things' don't hang out. I don't wanna end up on peopleofwalmart.com bent over in low rise jeans!

Last edited:
Quote:
<snort>
ok that's true... and I just have to say that the last time I saw not just plumber's crack, but a full moon it was at walmart... on a guy.
<really> your jeans are TOO low if I can see your bare backside BELOW the long tails of your flannel shirt.
seriously. needed <eye bleach>
he had to be in his 60s too.
<more eye bleach>
and his wife was with him.
you'd THINK she WOULDA mentioned it to him.

but you're right on the tramp stamp.
the part I can't figure out is after you go to all the trouble to *get* that tattoo, then to make SURE your jeans are low enough to show it off, WHY do you want to pull your thong undies up to where they half cover it? how about choose <show thong> or <show tattoo>? why be greedy and try to have both?

<sigh> can I just say KIDS THESE DAYS!
there. I feel better now.

Quote:
next time, take 'em back, and with that $100 get her 8 pair of $10 jeans, some bleach, a razor blade, and a wire brush... if you've got someplace local that does custom machine embroidery, for a couple of bucks each, she can have her own brand name sewn on the butt.

for that price and a little bit of effort, she could have 8 CUSTOM pair of jeans with holes and worn patches...

and maybe a cottage craft skill with an income besides.

Quote:
Since I was a teenager back in the '70's, I have always worn mens Levis. The length never varies, but I think they are having trouble with the waist sizes...

Back
Top Bottom