Is anyone else buying land?

holliewould

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Planet Earth
I need land cause I NEED more chickens. Property is dirt cheap especially in Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado, and Texas. I want to snag up some of the land but am scared to since I don't live anywhere near these states. But the price......it's almost irresistible. I should have had this done by May 2007 haha, but something told me to hold off for another year. Think property prices will continue to decline? Anyone else in the middle of buying land?

I just bought 3+ acres and a farmhouse for $62,000.
big_smile.png

Yes my friend they will decline. But not for much longer. Everybody has a breaking point and homes that WERE for sale are now up for rent.
As for vacant land. Here in Fl they are down to as little as $7000. to $10,000. per acre for a 5 acre lot. Yes I am a real estate agent. But I took my license out of activity 'cause it didn't make any sense to pay such high dues and not earn a living. I had to find other things to do....LIKE CHICKENS!
tongue.png

Quote:
Hmmmmm My boss has a lady friend in Trenton. That has chickens. That is a realtor, now waitress. That wouldn't be you would it?
smile.png

Just a word of warning. Don't buy land unless you go and look at it first. I hear that there are some scams going on, in addition to the usual concerns one should have when purchasing real estate.

Out west, just be sure you have water rights and ask about mineral rights. Heck, even in TN, people dont realize in certain areas, one family owns the mineral rights to most places and they dont come with your land.

Quote:
I gotcha. Right now I'm just trying to pick out a location. Preferably somewhere I might know someone. I'm stuck on a dang island so my resources are a bit limited, besides central Florida. I'm going on vacation for 2 months here soon and would like to nip this in the bud if I can. You know, just get it over with and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom