Is anyone else buying land?

Quote:
That's a big warning too... Oh look 100 cheap acres... to find out it is a desert, annual flood plain, no building allowed, or acreage of past mining waste or something else. Wooded property can hide a lot of junk under it too since it seems that people see woods and thinks it belongs to nobody and will just dump their junk on it or go tearing it up with their ATV's...

And be sure to check local ordinances first!
cool.png

holliewould wrote:
Property is dirt cheap especially in Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado, and Texas

There are parts of Colorado (southern, eastern plains) that still have some good prices on land; however, most people wouldn't really want to buy that land. It's semi-arid (think desert), with little (think very little) rainfall/water so you can't grow anything on it and you may have issues watering livestock.

I totally agree that you need to know ahead of time that YOU have the water rights (and possibly mineral rights) to any land before you purchase it. Water is becoming the new Gold and is actually being exchanged on the Commodities market right now. Water value is only going to go up.​

Quote:
Hmmmmm My boss has a lady friend in Trenton. That has chickens. That is a realtor, now waitress. That wouldn't be you would it?
smile.png

That's too funny!!!!
frow.gif
But alas its not me. I am at home with the kids and chickens for now.

Nahh no worries. I'm not looking for a ranch. Just a couple of acres. No more then 5 acres. Too much work. Something I can pay cash for ya know. Something like what Shellie got would be sweet.

I don't know where you saw dirt cheap land in TX, but it is rising everyday here because of this Barnett Shale we are sitting on top of. Make sure you have a good well where ever you buy. Good luck.

We bought our place 3 years ago here in Texas; I had to give up my chickens at the old place to move because the new place had no coop or fence and was heavily wooded. We have since cleared a place, built a coop and a fence. We hadn’t even been looking to move but when we stumbled onto the place and we couldn’t pass it up.

It’s 2,000 square foot house on 7 acres, with a built on carport and detached two-car garage.

A two-bedroom studio apt attached to the back of the garage; a tractor shed, an air-conditioned wood working shop with a bathroom.

A 1/2 acre stocked pond with a lighted deck, pier and a fish cleaning house that has electricity and running water and well with a pump house that is there to pump water to the fountain in the pond for $140,000.

When we had it appraised for the loan it appraised at $195,000. The people selling it were in a really big rush to sell it; we have been here for three years now and we still can’t figure out why they wanted out of it so badly. The house does have a ghost but he’s a very nice man and hasn’t been a problem at all, we hardly ever see him and when we do he’s not threatening in any way.

The only thing I don’t like about it is it’s too far out to get high speed Internet and we have to use dial up but other than that I love it. I don’t have any pictures of the front on the house because we spend all our time out back.

This in the wood working shop
ChickenHouse004Small.jpg

The deck
Mybackyard004.jpg

This is the back of the house from the pond
Picture219Small-1.jpg

Quote:
In West Texas. Some broken up ranches. Also in New Mexico. Probably poor soil, no electricity or water. The desert. I just need 2-3acres, which is what alot of people want. Noone wants to take care of a big piece of land. I don't anyway. And the bigger the land, the cheaper the acreage. I'd just like to get a small area and stick a cabin on it or something. Simple enough right? Wrong. Went looking all around the Ocala area last year, with CASH in my hands to no avail. Less than an acre is around 30,000. I'm not paying that to live in this heat. Pffft.

Back
Top Bottom