Is anyone else buying land?

$62,000?? You got a great deal. We have a 7 1/2 acre parcel in the back of our home. The development rights are sold so you can only build one home in one spot (happens to have a lovely view of the back of our barn). When we bought our house in 2006, the real estate people said we could get the 7 1/2 acres for $400,000. We didn't have it then (or now for that matter).

Now, they are asking, get this, $1.2 million for it. aahhh Long Island...if you can't sell it, raise the price and try to sell it to a city person as a "steal."
smile.png

Actually, I was just happy to get the property. We figured since the house was in such rough condition, well, septic and land was worth the $62K, even if we had to tear it down.
This house has come a LONG way from what it was. If I posted pictures of the condition it was in, you'd all hurl. For real.

* Don't forget impact fees if you are doing new contruction. These are a killer in the area where my mom lives!! You can get a nice lot for 2O-3OK but impact is 1OO thou almost, and hook-ups can run about another 3O-6O!! NUTS!!

Quote:
We joke about it all the time and say the people who lived here before probably killed him and buried his body somewhere on the property. They were weird people….they gave me the Willies to be around them.

The first time I saw him we had been living here about a year, I was sitting out on the porch swing out on the back patio when I suddenly noticed that a man was standing on our deck. I got up and waked to the end of the sidewalk that leads up to the deck. I was in plain sight standing there waiting for this man to explain to me what he was doing on my deck. He turned around and looked at me and just faded away.

Since then my daughter has seen him in the studio apt. which is where the kids stay when they come to visit. She said she just told him that if he was going to stay there he would have to be quiet because she was going to bed. She said he disappeared and she didn’t see him anymore.

This last Christmas I had ordered a Chimania for my husband, he had been wanting one for the back patio but I couldn’t find one that I liked in our area so I ordered on off the Internet. The UPS dude came to the door and rang the bell and brought the package into the house for me because it was kind of heavy. When I closed the door a male voice from the back of the house called out, “ who was at the door?” I thought it was my son and I called back it was the UPS dude delivering a package. About that time my son walked in the door and says who are you talking to?

I have more stories but I’m sure your not interested in reading a book today.

Quote:
Not true, ghost stories are my kind of thing. My ole man has some stories, but his are horrifying. How neat to have a nice ghost. Do you think if seller disclosed the ghost in the house, would you have bought it?

d.k :

* Don't forget impact fees if you are doing new contruction. These are a killer in the area where my mom lives!! You can get a nice lot for 2O-3OK but impact is 1OO thou almost, and hook-ups can run about another 3O-6O!! NUTS!!

Ocala's are out freaking rageous. Impact fees are such a scam in my eyes. I honestly believe it's legal thieving. 100,000????? That's unreal. Highway robbery.​

We just sold 16 acres (14 tillable) with three barns including a chickenhouse and a 1880's farmhouse for $140,000 near Kirkersville Ohio. It would have made an excellent chicken farm

*Thought I found the absolutely perfect place in Kentucky last week. Then, found the hitch-- south of town is the locale of a base for 573 tons of military chem weapons--- and they had a leak last year that went unnoticed maybe 2 days! Yeah, o.k. -- NOT!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom