Is anyone else interested in cars and motorsport?

Pics
Holding down that parts counter, and slinging batteries and rotors.
At least you're not running around a warehouse floor all day like me. I work for a local subcontractor, and as soon as I get one job cut and ready to go out another one shows up. Since I started working there I don't need to set aside any exercise time in the morning - I get quite enough of a workout running back and forth from one warehouse to the next and back to the cut table.

At least you're not running around a warehouse floor all day like me. I work for a local subcontractor, and as soon as I get one job cut and ready to go out another one shows up. Since I started working there I don't need to set aside any exercise time in the morning - I get quite enough of a workout running back and forth from one warehouse to the next and back to the cut table.
Sound like fun. Some days I move like 2000lbs of batteries and rotors. Not at one time though. No wonder my joints are falling apart. 🙃
Plus I deal with people who don't know anything about cars, and expect me to figure out everything wrong with their car for them.

Sound like fun. Some days I move like 2000lbs of batteries and rotors. Not at one time though. No wonder my joints are falling apart. 🙃
Plus I deal with people who don't know anything about cars, and expect me to figure out everything wrong with their car for them.
Yeah, I deal with that too. My mom's work friends are always asking me to tell them what's wrong with their cars, not to mention my paranoid Mom herself. Last week I had to leave work and go look at her XTerra because "It's leaking something!"

It wasn't leaking anything. She'd been running the defroster. It was condensation from the evaporator.

Yeah, I deal with that too. My mom's work friends are always asking me to tell them what's wrong with their cars, not to mention my paranoid Mom herself. Last week I had to leave work and go look at her XTerra because "It's leaking something!"

It wasn't leaking anything. She'd been running the defroster. It was condensation from the evaporator.
"There's a squeaking noise in the front end, what's that?"
"I don't know. You'll just have to look at it."
"You mean you can't tell me what it is?"
"Nope."

Here's my favorite:
"I need (insert part) for my car"
"OK, what kind of car is it?"
points to their car outside "It's right there"
"Ok...what kind of car is it?"
"IT'S RIGHT THERE"

Last edited:
"Nope."

Here's my favorite:
"IT'S RIGHT THERE"
I have a few of those too 😆
Like how am I supposed to tell you what's wrong with your car if you don't know what most of the parts under it are called? Or can't even show me what's the problem?

"Nope."

Here's my favorite:
"IT'S RIGHT THERE"
To be fair, even I don't always know where a noise is coming from in my own car, which I do most of the work on. (and had a large part in building) 🤣

Back
Top Bottom