Is anyone else tired of winter?

Don't get me started. I don't mind a little cold but why does it have to be sooooo freakin cold. I'm already sick of busting ice out of my waterers. One positive thing is that I have a good excuse to come in and warm up a bit and get on BYC. LOL

I am beyond sick of this winter. Not just of the cold but also of being sick. This year has been bad for our family. First we all got bad colds coughing and nasty noses for weeks now we are spreading a stomach bug. Ive been down for almost 3 days and thats not like me. Felt better yesterday so went outside to take care of the chickens and ducks so my DH wouldnt have to do it all. Did too much now am in bed again. I dont like summer either too hot. If it could be 75 degrees all year long I would be a happy camper. But as nasty as this winter has been, I would even take full on summer. I keep thinking only another month or so. I also have ducklings in the house. I want spring so I can get the smelly little buggers outside. Although they are so incredible cute.

That is a great idea!! I'll have to start using that because my husband and I have a lot of outside work to do to get the garden ready and get a chicken coop built and the cold days have made it hard to want to any of it!!

I'm not too fond of NC summers either because we get 90 and 100 degree days for long stretches of time with high humidity (makes awful sleeping weather even with the a/c on!!) I keep telling my DH that I'd like to move to Equador so the temp is the same all year except I'd have to deal with rain 363 days out of 365. lol

Last edited:
I never thought I would say this But I am ready for winter to leave. I feel bad for all my poor chickens and goats. I usually love winter. But it is time for it to leave. Yuck,

Quote:
I take it all back. I would gladly break ice everyday just to get away from this heat.
bg2.gif

Quote:
I agree with that sentiment. Ideally like something in the 60-70 range for more than a few days.

What happened to spring???

Back
Top Bottom