Is Anyone Hatching on March 13th??

I have a pip! This is day 21, but last time in this bator they hatched as late as day 23, and this time we had a short (4-5 hour) power outage, so I'm expecting them to be late.

i've spent the night having chirping conversations with egg #5 which i've creatively named Cinco lol! I talk to him and he happily chirps back from inside his egg. Now, does anyone know how to say get your fuzzy little butt out here now!" in baby chick???

tomorrow's day 22.

Congratulations on all the new chicks, and good luck to the ones still hatching!

I have 14 fully hatched chicks, and 15 pips now. In 30 minutes it will be exactly day 21.
So far I have:
1 Barred Rock (female)
3 Delawares
10 New Hampshires

Yesterday was first day of lockdown and as I was candling the eggs, at least one of them chirped at me!

Tonight I have two pips. Before I saw the pips, I opened the 'bator to move the eggs in case any were pipping in a bad location, and I found the chirping egg.
love.gif

Also saw the two pips, so the lid went back onto the 'bator like THAT!

so far 28 hatched, and all but 2 in the brooder already.
Had one chick die on me, never made it out after piping...he had pipped upside down (i didn't see or I would have helped)...
sad.png

there are 5 more eggs that I'm letting set until tomorrow (today only being day 21)...and we shall see.

Quote:
I've started putting paper towel down on my wire floor because the other chicks inevitably send eggs flying as they are hatching. Hopefully this will prevent the other chicks from getting caught in the wire. It is so frustrating to lose them that way.

This morning I awakened to peeping from a fully hatched little Porcelain D'Uccle chick.

Three other eggs (there is a mixture of breeds in there) are showing activity: large pips and the beginnings of zippage.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom