Is anyone hatching on the 15th?

Wow! Lot's of little ones due! Congrats on the baby Sonew! We are waiting for pics from the first chick on this thread.

This is my last day turning eggs. Kind of like graduation! I'm really worried about humidity and temp over the next few days. Any last minute advice from some experts? I did my last candling of a few last night and I know I still have some moving chicks. I can't tell in the green/blue eggs because the light I have just can't seem to penetrate the shell.

Keep the babies coming!

well not that I am an expert at all when my chick hatched, the humidty was at 54% and temp 100.8 The egg was dry but the membrane was damp and slick-when it popped out-nothing was stuck on him and all yolk and bellybutton was good!!!! He's alseep in bator still on top of the eggs. There was NO mess with his hatch at all!!! I opened the bator fast just enough to pull the 2 eggs pieces!!! He's sleeping on and off--hoping his peeps get the other 2 due today to follow suit??? haven't heard or seen one peep from them-pun intended
ya.gif

What do you do for the chicks after the hatch. I have a brooder ready and I know to get them to drink, but what about food, etc. We have purchased chicks before and they usually come vaccinated, etc. Should I be giving them some medicated feed? Is there a thread for this question?

I have a brooder ( large plastic tote) set up heating light is up to about 90 degrees. The chick has been out for about 2 hours now and getting really fluffy-I will pull her in the brooder when she's totally dry. Papertowels on bottom of brooder--actually lots of layers of those so I can pull out a layer everyday to clean. They do not need food and water the first day but the DH is picking up another set of food and water dishes today-all my others are being used right now. You do not need to use medicated food for them..It just so happens I have a full bag of it from a few weeks ago-I had to buy it because the feed store was all out of the plain chick starter I use. SO a few days later they got the real stuff in and I saved the medicated food knowing this hatch would use that up....Makes me feel a little better to be on it now just for a few weeks -until I run out..Then I'll put them on regular chick starter like the rest. I've never had a disease problem...yet..hopefully I won't. It's your preference-there are pro's and con's-if you go to the search engine above-I'm sure you'll find great answers that I can't answer due to my lack of experience...

This is awesome--I have a second pip! This was an egg I was going to throw away because DH thought it was a blood ring..I said I don't think so hun lets just leave it in and see what happens? Well I have a smal hole on top now and it's peeping! ahhhhhhhh...I must have accidently grabbed a different egg thinking it was one of mine and laid that one on it's side-this one is stil in the turner!!!! My DD is home sick--God is good to us! She desperately wanted to see one hatch--She's coughing up a storm and trying to talk to the eggs at the same time!!! LOL temp is 101.3 and humidity 53%

Last edited:
Yeah! Chick #2 for you. That is great that your daughter gets to see it. I have 5 kids. School is out on Friday so they will get to see ours hatch (hopefully) too. My youngest are 5 year old triplets and they don't even know about the incubator yet because I was afraid they wouldn't be able to keep their hands off of it.
smile.png

Quote:
5yr old triplets...
th.gif
wow and two others!
th.gif
I have a 13 and 11 yr old girls-they are more than I can handle-GOD bless you. I thought I was busy..

Yes, the 11 yr old is home and is very excited to winess things-she is my tomboy for sure--she'll play with the babies with me and help clean and take care of them-the older one..puh... nothing doing-so I make her do house chores instead...haha fair trade I think--
bun.gif

I looked through the thread and we have 12 members hatching eggs between the 14th and 19th. How about some of you earlier hatchers. Any news yet? Is anyone going to join Sonew anytime soon? I think Sundown Waterfowl had some chicks and ducks on the 14th and Cackles were due to pip on the 14th.

25181_cimg1548.jpg

here's the first baby!!!! yeah

heres the pipping pf another!
25181_cimg1549.jpg

look at the only dark egg in there-it's missing a piece at the top? yeah...
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom