Is anyone hatching on the 15th?

CUTE CHICK!!! I know this is a stupid question, but is it safe to assume you've unplugged the auto turner? I just put mine in egg cartons tonight, and it never dawned on me to simply unplug the turner!! DUHHH!
tongue.png

I'm going to head to bed and press my little nose against the bator since I will not be candling tonight. I have 5 little bantam eggs in there and I have learned that they might pip earlier than the others. It is so exciting. See everyone in the morning.

I have polish and frizzles hatching on the 19th. EE's on the 20th. I have two incubators going at the same time. I have one incubator upstairs and one downstairs. No doubt I'll be wearing that staircase out!! (and getting some much needed exercise!)

Sonew123... that's a beautiful chick! It looks nice and healthy! Congrats!

Quote:
Yes I unplugged it-I thought the same thing-what the difference from a carton to a turner-except more to tripover on the turner but with 1 egg pipping and a hatchling in there I was a little nervous about getting all out with temp/humidity-so I just un plugged it..we'll see how it goes? maybe this will be a technique for me that works-everyone has their own..."way" of doing this? I hope it works out-the little guy that pipped was stuck-I left him pipped all morning and night-then he started to get quiet-so I starting helping him out and his feet were huge-I think he was to big for his egg to get the right leverage to push-plus his legs were in the wrong way ? not that I know what correct way ir good just really pretzled in there. Im glad I stepped in ahh 42 to go! no more pipping though-there was a 3rd one that should have hached with the two but nothing? maybe today but I have to work :-(

My eggs are all hanging in there. I could of sworn I hear chirping this morning and I know I saw one of my Welsummer eggs rocking a little. I may lose my mind before this is all over. For now I have to go give the baby goats their bottle!

After putting mine in the egg cartons last night (day 18), the temps stayed a bit low last night; 97.7 / 47 humidity this morning. Aside from perhaps slowing down the hatch - is this a HORRIBLE thing??
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I was wondering the same thing Garden Gal. Anyone have any answers? My humidity was 49% when I checked it at 1:00am. This morning I have it at 64%, but I'm having trouble getting it higher.

Back
Top Bottom