Is anyone on here South Beaching?

Robin'sBrood

Crowing
12 Years
May 8, 2008
North Carolina
South Beaching -- because I refuse to use the D word!
wink.png

So I started the two week phase 1 period today. Not doing too bad, so far. I had my morning coffee, but instead of sugar I used Truvia (Stevia) that I just found at the grocery store last night to sweeten it. VERY good!
clap.gif

Meals - I had 2 small crustless quiches (egg, spinach, bell pepper, onion, colby jack cheese) and a tiny glass of tomato juice for breakfast. I had exactly 10 roasted in the shell peanuts for a mid-morning snack. Small salad with grilled chicken breast and exactly 1 TBS of blue cheese dressing for lunch. It's 4:30 now and I'm just starting to feel the need for another snack. I need good snack ideas for this phase. TIA!

gig.gif

I'm 41. I haven't ever obsessed over food... which is probably why I now need to lose some serious weight now.
sad.png
I really have to get change my way of eating and start getting this weight off for health reasons. I have a very high chance of becoming diabetic if I don't change my diet, which is full of all the bad stuff (sugar, white breads, etc.) My mom and dad, and BOTH of their mothers are/were diabetic. Not something I want to become, so it's time to get serious about this.
barnie.gif

Anyway, I just enjoyed a stalk of celery with some roasted garlic hummus. Not exactly the same as a cookie, but still satisfying to the hunger monster.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
MY DH south beaches.. he buys the meals... and then for a snack he will have nuts like you.. and one of those protien drinks from special K.. and then sometimes a motzerella cheese stick..

Sounds like a different version of Atkins. The protein will help you with food cravings eventually. Good luck, but I always find that eating foods that aren't pre-packaged is better, but if this works for you, great! And that's what it's all about right?

Well I'd like to be on a beach in the south, but now I'm not dieting at the moment.....
lau.gif

And dont plan to start at this time of year... We are just getting to the good stuff now!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm HUNGRY! :|

Is anyone else using the new no calorie sweetener that is on the market now, Truvia? I bought some and it's really good... at least in my coffee and tea. I can't do Splenda, it makes my kidneys hurt so bad. Glad to see another option on the market now!
smile.png

Better go eat my salad now, before I eat my computer desk.
tongue.png

I had gastric bypass, and it is interesting what you are told to eat: MEAT and DAIRY! The more protein the better (but you can only eat 4 ounces at a time or you'll throw up).

Basically, a restricted diet puts your body in starvation mode, which is why you lose hair when you diet, etc. The one thing you have to have is protein or you won't survive. Vegetarians/vegans, sorry, but it is a medical fact. You couldn't eat enough tofu to save yourself. Meat and dairy in small amounts. Kicks food craving to the curb, gives you energy, and you end up eating less by eating mostly protein.

End. Of. Story.

smile.png

Last edited:
I did a combination of Atkins and South Beach a few years ago, lost close to 50 lbs. Have gained about 20 back. Now I work hard to watch fat and carbs but I don't diet. I have 2 diet sodas a day and the rest of the time tea made with Splenda or water (flavored sparkling from Wal-Mart the Key Lime is the Bomb)
I love pasta so I try to use whole wheat and eat smaller portions. I did splurge last night and made Chicken & Dumplings, I just ate less and brought some for lunch. The other thing I do, is if I want a candy bar or Ice cream I eat it.

Basically it is all about a change in lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom